Sr. Director of Development
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Sr. Director of Development will report directly to the President and CEO. The Sr. Director of Development’s primary responsibilities will include the strategy, coordination, and execution of Camp Southern Ground’s fundraising efforts including Board Giving, Planned Giving, Major Gifts, Capital Campaigns, and Annual Giving. The Sr. Director of Development will work with the CEO and Development Team to meet annual development goals. The Sr. Director of Development is responsible for Camp Southern Ground’s relationships with individual donors, including identifying, soliciting, cultivating, and stewarding current and potential donors and leveraging the CEO and Founder as required. The Sr. Director of Development will be expected to provide staff support for occasional fundraising events, external events and volunteer work days as everyone at camp pitches in to support as needed. The job will be located in Peachtree City/Fayetteville, Georgia and partial telecommuting is permitted.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Manage Capital Campaigns including setting strategies for prospecting, cultivation, stewardship and retention. Manage the relationship with fundraising counsel as required.
- Develop donor-centered strategies and methods for maximizing giving from prospective and major donors, including personal meetings, telephone, and direct mail.
- Manage, cultivate, and steward portfolio of major gift donors, meeting annual fundraising goals.
- Identify and cultivate prospect major gift donors using moves-management philosophy
- Provide staff support for the volunteer Development Committee, which may be created.
- Cultivate relationships and support from individual donors for Annual Campaign, Special Event Support and In-Kind donations.
- Establish and implement processes to provide exceptional donor recognition and stewardship.
- Work collaboratively with other Camp Staff to seek sponsorships for fundraising events and wish list items.
- Lead occasional camp tours for prospect and current donors.Assist with development events as needed.
- Reporting to this position would be the Director of Philanthropic Relations who will have a Database administrator and Events Manager reporting to them.
- Work with transitional consultant to ramp up efforts during the first 90 days. Continue leveraging the advisory board for maximum effectiveness.
- Connection to and a passion for the Camp’s mission.
- Proven experience, knowledge and proficiency in managing a broad array of fundraising techniques including major gift programs, direct mail, online solicitation, special events, grant writing and planned gifts.
- Experience developing compelling case statements for various fundraising efforts.
- Experience developing and updating policies, procedures, and activities for recording, tracking, and recognition of gifts and pledges.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience with success in managing a donor portfolio.
- A team player that routinely shares information and works collaboratively with staff members, partners, volunteers and the community and exhibits a high degree of professionalism at all times.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing, public speaking and communication skills. Must be able to clearly articulate the case for support.
- Demonstrates high integrity and personal productivity as an example to staff, volunteers, donors, etc.
- An understanding of the Atlanta philanthropic community and a personal network that could be helpful in the role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
- Familiarity and experience in digital/online platform campaigns.
- Marketing and Communications experience - the ability to craft compelling stories centered on mission.