Development and Program Coordinator
- Experience Level
Are you passionate about helping kids? Do you have an interest in the field of aviation? Would you like to join an expanding not for profit organization? Above the Clouds (ATC) may have the position for you!
Founded in 2012, ATC brings joy and hope through the wonder of small aircraft flight to children and teens who are seriously ill, disabled, underserved, or facing other adversity. ATC accomplishes its mission with its three aviation programs: Dream Flyers, Cadet Flyers, and Discovery Flyers. ATC operates out of Norwood Memorial Airport in Massachusetts.
ATC is looking for a Communications and Development Coordinator for its Norwood location. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this entry-level position offers wide-ranging experience including contributing to ATC’s public relations and social media presence, helping research and write grant proposals and newsletters, assisting with coordination and implementation of special events and fundraisers, and providing organizational and administrative support for all Flyer Programs.
- Assist with special events and fundraising activities
- Process donations and create donor database reports & templates
- Support and track fundraising campaigns
- Process donor correspondence
- Prepare donor cultivation packets and materials (e.g. annual report, press packet)
- Oversee and maintain grants database
- Assist with grants calendar, paperwork, and grants research
- Assist with reports for grant applications
- Assist with publications, marketing and social media
PROGRAMMING and ADMINISTRATION
- Provide logistical support for Dream Flight Days and other events
- Procure supplies for Programs and Fundraising events
- Manage calendars for Cadet Flyers, Discovery Flyers, ATC airplane
- Maintain website
- Assist in development of evaluation and tracking methodologies and assist with reports
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher) required, familiarity with Donor Software (e.g. LittleGreenLight,) and web platforms (e.g. WordPress,) video editing skills a plus.
- Proficient in social media channels (Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Outstanding organizational skills with attention to detail
- Expertise in recruiting and managing volunteers
- Experience coordinating calendars and scheduling meetings
- High level of productivity and initiative handling multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to establish positive, personable, and professional relationships via email, phone, and in person with social service agencies, hospitals, pilots, donors, and other constituents
- Excellent written communications and presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative to improve current programming procedures
- Collaborative, can-do spirit; energetic, flexible demeanor; sense of humor
This is a full time position. Hours are flexible and there is the opportunity to work remotely. Above the Clouds is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Please send the following to Martha@abovethecloudskids.org
- Cover letter explaining why you’re interested in this job