Development Manager–Individual Giving
5 days left
- Experience Level
Under the direction of the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and the Strategic Advisor on Individual Giving, the Development Manager–Individual Giving is responsible for implementing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors with special focus on creating sustainable revenue for the organization. This manager is a key member of the Development team and will focus on the effort to increase revenue from individual donors for the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the CDO, the Strategic Advisor, and other key staff, execute organizational giving strategy and activity plan for individual giving.
- Monitor all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful relationships.
- Work collaboratively with staff and volunteers to regularly identify new donor prospects.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle including: identification, qualification through research, cultivation, briefing, request for support along with prompt follow-up, stewardship, and appropriate donor recognition.
- Manage cultivation events (with logistical and other staff support) to ensure a robust calendar of events held throughout the year that are designed to engage new and existing donors.
- Ensure collaboration among UsA2 staff and consultants so that donors are receiving consistent and appropriate messages.
- Identify additional prospects through research, outreach, media, and current connections.
- Set meetings and arrange other opportunities for senior staff and Board to interact, present, and engage with prospective donors.
- Develop and implement effective stewardship efforts to improve retention.
- Collaborate with other development staff to ensure consistency of messaging, connection, and process.
- Regularly and clearly report on progress against annual goal.
- Manage the Development Associate’s day-to-day work
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of five years experience in fundraising or closely related field, such as marketing.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated competence in relationship building.
- Ability to work independently and with little direct supervision.
- Ability to manage one staff member and possible interns.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with donors and use tact and diplomacy in dealing with donors.
- Ability to set goals, strategies for success, and process to reach goals.
- Proficiency in database management, MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Demonstrated success in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Willing to travel as necessary.