Executive Assistant to the President
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE EXECUTIVE LEVEL EXPERIENCE!!!
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities Assistance to the President
- Keep abreast of all elements as pertaining to the president including emails, scheduling, memberships, events, appointments, news, volunteer projects etc.
- Coordinate all meetings
- Organize the office so that it serves as an efficient and organized workplace for the president’s use
- Effectively maintain, organize, and handle flow of information, communication, and correspondence into and out of the president's office including opening, rerouting, responding to and emphasizing important mail items, proofreading all communications, etc.
- Ensure phones are efficiently maintained, especially forwarded calls
- Set appointments for the president with board members, potential members, community partners, school systems, legislative and other partners or organization
- Maintain open communication with the president at all times
- Ensure that the president is well prepared for and alerted to all appointments
- Maintain all travel arrangements including registrations and other logistical arrangements
- Maintain daily office Outlook and Google calendars
- Provide general computer assistance
- Represent the president and Communities In Schools in meetings as requested
- Prepare and submit time sheets, expense report and cash expense report
- Manage AMEX receipts, check requests for purchases, registrations, and invoices
- Keep abreast with all elements as pertaining to the President including memberships, events, appointments, news, volunteer projects etc.
- Assist the president in preparing for all meetings of the Board of Directors and committee meetings
- Attend all full Board of Directors meetings, executive committee meetings, and other committee meetings as requested.
- Maintains Board of Directors meeting minutes, resolutions, and bylaws
- Ensure reports of meetings are completed and distributed to the Board of Directors in a timely fashion (within 7 days)
- Provide administrative support to board members as they represent CIS of Georgia in the community
- Maintains rosters and the advisory council membership lists for board members
- Remain aware of the organizational work in order to be conversant on the activity of the organization
- Perform other duties necessary for the organization to function effectively
- Schedule leadership meetings and consolidate strategic plan updates
- Maintain Total Quality Standards (TQS) organization records
- Assist all members of the leadership team as needed
- Be an engaging staff member/team player
- Attend meetings, events, conferences, training, etc. as requested by CIS of Georgia.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
5 years of work related experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven record at being a self starter and initiator of necessary activity
- High degree of computer literacy including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Willingness to function as part of a team
- Possess a flare for good organization, thinking ahead, and creating efficiency
- Skill at being aware of and dedicated to meeting deadlines
- Sound judgment required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent proof reading skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills