Program Director (Non-Profit)
- Experience Level
BANANAS Inc. is searching for an experienced Program Director to lead our Alternative Payment team. The successful candidate will have experience in managing social service programs, preferably within the subsidy field, with a demonstrated history of contract administration, program management, program evaluation, and strong leadership skills. This position requires the ability to read and interpret contracts, develop policies and procedures, implement direct services, collect data, and participate in obtaining grants and contracts.
About BANANAS Inc.
BANANAS is a nonprofit child care resource and referral agency. We consider ourselves experts in the field of early care and education, and our wide variety of services support child care providers and families in raising early learners. We offer workshops, playgroups, coaching, and support groups for parents and caregivers, and help connect families with all types of child care options from babysitter and nannies to preschools and family child care centers. We support our most vulnerable families with $13m in child care subsidies annually. BANANAS is a great place to work with colleagues who care about their clients and each other.
The Client Services Director is a member of the leadership team that works with the Executive Director to set the overall strategy of the organization. The Client Services Director is responsible for the overall management of our child care subsidy program and the customer service experience of eligible families seeking financial support for child care. The position is full-time exempt and reports to the Executive Director.
- Responsible for the management of three (3) direct reports. The Client Services Manager who supervises the work of Client Services Counselors, the Contract Monitoring Manager who manages all of the subsidy contracts, and the Quality Assurance Specialist who is responsible for quality and training standards.
- Responsible for setting goals for the department, evaluating and manage performance and building and maintaining a talented and engaged team.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Finance and Administration and her direct report, the Provide Payments Manager to ensure alignment and synchronization between the Client Services department supporting families accessing subsidized care and the Payments department that supports and compensates childcare providers.
- Create and maintain a client-centric culture so that our families are and feel supported and ensure the customer service experience of the families we serve is exceptional. To create systems and processes that support and prioritizes the needs of our families and adheres to the administrative and regulatory guidelines of our funders.
- To manage the Client Services program budget and to work closely with the Contract Monitoring Manager and the Director of Finance and Administration to ensure we meet expenditure and “spend down” requirements of our contracts.
- Responsible for ensuring all regulatory and funding reports are prepared and delivered in a timely manner. Develops and delivers department reports and dashboards to staff and the board that conveys the effectiveness of program delivery.
- Work closely with the People and Operational Services Director to ensure that all Human Resources and Operations policies and practices are implemented in a thoughtful manner.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with Alternative Payments or similar subsidy experience
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Technology Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email, and using databases
- Valid driver’s license & insurance
- Strong knowledge of CDE state regulations
- Knowledge of NoHo Systems or other child care subsidy database system
- Knowledge of My Child Care Plan system or other child care referral database system
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please email all required information to email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
BANANAS is committed to maintaining a staff that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other personnel action on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, color, economic status, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, medical condition, and/or mental or physical disability, or any other consideration made unlawful by local, state, and federal laws.