- Experience Level
CURE Childhood Cancer is seeking an experienced individual to serve as Operations Assistant. The successful candidate will join a well-respected and collegial team and will contribute to the mission of the organization, which is to conquer childhood cancer through funding targeted research while supporting patients and their families.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Database Manager, this the Operations Assistant will provide broad support to our operations team, with an emphasis on administrative responsibilities, as well as other support to various members of CURE staff to keep the busy CURE office running smoothly. As is common at CURE, the Operations Assistant will wear many hats and be required to juggle varied responsibilities. A positive, willing attitude is essential for success.
- Provide office administrative support including but not limited to greeting guests, handling outgoing and incoming mail, stamping, endorsing and copying checks and accurately coding gifts, assisting with credit card reconciliations, handling building HVAC and service requests as well as other assigned tasks;
- Manage office supply inventory and kitchen supplies and upkeep, and maintain overall office appearance and functionality;
- Provide meeting support, including arranging for catering, ensuring proper room set up and assisting with preparation of meeting materials;
- Provide development operations support including preparing tribute gift acknowledgements and producing and mailing donor acknowledgment letters;
- Manage CURE merchandise including fulfilling orders and maintaining inventory;
- Collect, prepare, and maintain in-kind donation data for database import;
- Support CURE wellness program as assigned;
- Perform all other job-related responsibilities and duties as required by Board of Directors, Executive Director, Director of Development and/or Database Manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Great attitude is absolutely essential for success;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Database experience (Raiser’s Edge) preferred;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Meticulous attention to detail required;
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to accurately follow through on multiple assignments with competing deadlines;
- Willingness to take initiative;
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately;
- Good communication skills and a collaborative work ethic;
- Ability to function well within a team-oriented atmosphere and with a sense of humor;
- A strong belief in the organization's mission, goals, and accomplishments.
*Submissions must include a cover letter and resume. Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be considered.