Manager of Annual Giving & Events
- Experience Level
Position Title: Manager of Annual Giving & Events
Position Status: Full Time/Exempt
Supervised by: Director of Annual Giving
Under the supervision of the Director of Annual Giving, the Manager of Annual Giving & Events performs a broad range of tasks in support of the Annual Giving team.
Serving as an external liaison in the community to increase visibility for the Foundation, this role would take the lead on event sponsorships, and strategic planning for corporations and community partnerships outreach. This role would serve as a partner on the Employee Giving Campaign and the Associate Board to include event strategy, as well as, community engagement support.
Alameda Health System Foundation (AHSF), a California 501 c(3) nonprofit, is seeking a highly motivated, passionate, and innovative Manager of Annual Giving and Events to join its growing team of fundraising professionals dedicated to Investing in Caring, Healing, Teaching, and Serving All. Serving Alameda Health System (AHS), Alameda County’s patient and family-centered safety net health care system, the Foundation is committed to the value statement that health care is a right and not a privilege.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
CORPORATE SPONSORSHIPS & EVENTS
- Assist in research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual donors, corporate sponsors and in-kind contributors for all Annual Giving events.
- Lead on media partnerships for events and forging community partnerships.
- Develop content for and oversee the production of marketing collateral for events including, sponsorship materials, invitations and other special projects.
- Develop and manage strategy for cultivation and stewardship of event related donors and prospects.
- Perform research of event vendors and secure, as well as negotiate contracts. Coordinate all logistics for events including – but not limited to – registration, volunteer training and management, printing, vendors, video production, marketing and communications timelines, data entry and committee meetings.
- Analyze and report on event and marketing outcomes to help direct the Annual Giving Plan.
- Develop revenue projections and provides financial analysis for events.
- Utilizes data metrics to track trends of marketing tools for outreach.
- Manage all event and sponsor communication to increase engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serves as a key member of the development team, influencing and driving strategy, relationships and best practices to accomplish goals.
- Execute assigned fundraising and marketing activities, as well as identify and propose new strategic initiatives to strengthen Annual Giving efforts.
- Partners with the Director of Annual Giving on Employee Giving Campaign communication and marketing to include communication to all staff, rollout plan, tabling events, and meetings with key stakeholders.
- Serves as partner on Associate Board to include event strategy, as well as, community engagement and support.
- Assist with house parties to engage new donors or increase giving as assigned.
- In carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position, this individual is required to maintain contact with persons both inside and outside the Foundation and Alameda Health System. Internal contacts typically include Foundation staff, as well as Health System managers, physicians and employees in various departments. External contacts include Foundation Board members, volunteers, donors, vendors and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of overall nonprofit fundraising experience and at least 1-2 years managing signature, large scale events.
- Experience working with donors to raise sponsorships for events.
- Experience writing, editing and producing event promotional materials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and relevant software applications
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Design knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects and changing priorities
- Stellar customer service skills and ability to interact with high level donors and volunteers
Highly competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
About the Organization
Alameda Health System Foundation (AHSF) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization established more than 25 years ago to philanthropically support the East Bay community’s safety-net public health and academic teaching hospitals. AHSF recently completed a successful capital campaign and is poised to begin another in 2019 to raise $30 million. A number of positions are currently open as its capacity is expanding. These may be viewed on the website at www.foundationahs.org.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.