- Experience Level
The Financial Manager will oversee all financial operations of LifeGate Group, ensuring efficient and quality reporting and excellent customer service while operating within the budget. The Financial Manager will oversee, direct, and maintain all budgets and accounting policies to ensure successful operations within financial and legal guidelines. The job is expected to take up to 20 hours per week. The Financial Manager reports to the Executive Director of the LifeGate Group.
The duties of the Financial Manager are:
- Oversee the budget, accounting function, and the annual accounting review and 990 prep requests for the CPA firm.
- Lead and monitor the activities of LifeGate Group to ensure compliance with the regulation of the Internal Revenue Service so as to protect the tax exempt status of the organization.
- Study and implement model practices of financial and accounting management, including the creation, implementation, and maintenance of financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare the general ledger in QuickBooks Online. Prepare and/or review all reports: monthly, year-to-date and year-end.
- Oversee the management of the organization’s accounts payable and accounts receivable functions. The Financial Manager will personally perform or supervise the staff who perform these functions:
- Collect and deposit funds from mail and online, and the online scheduling and payment system, ensuring that all funds are properly recorded.
- Process stock donations through the Stock Account.
- Ensure donors receive a gift acknowledgement letter for their tax-deductible gift on a timely basis at the time of gift and at year-end.
- Ensure all invoices received are within budget and paid promptly and in accordance with IRS regulations. The financial manager will advise the Executive Director if there are material differences between the approved annual budget and actual results on an established timeline.
- Administer and reconcile corporate credit cards, ensuring payment is made timely and reports are prepared to document the business expenses of the organization.
- Review prepared employee expense reports and reimburse employees according to legal requirements and LifeGate Group guidelines.
- Manage risk liability for the organization, such as D&O insurance and property insurance.
- Manage all LifeGate Group accounts and reconcile bank statements monthly.
- Process all payroll, generate payroll reports using online payroll system each month, and ensure compliance with all federal and state regulatory guidelines for withholding tax and reporting.
- Oversee the provision of year-end summary of giving reports to donors.
- Oversee the management of the fundraising database, and implement model practices to best serve the organization’s fundraising ability.
- Assist the Executive Director with gathering financial data for grant applications and reports.
- Perform various duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.