- Position Type
- Full Time
Rebuilding Together Peninsula (RTP) repairs homes, revitalizes communities and rebuilds lives. Our mission is grounded in the belief that a healthy community starts with a safe and livable home. As such, RTP provides free, minor home repair, accessibility modifications and energy-efficient upgrades to those in need. We ensure individual health, well-being and dignity for home owners and for community-based facilities, preserve affordable home ownership, and enhance local pride. We accomplish this primarily by bringing volunteers and community residents together, thereby harnessing the power of volunteerism to transform lives.
RTP provides home repair year-round and also drives an annual tradition, National Rebuilding Day, which brings over 2000 volunteers together to repair homes and community-based organizations throughout San Mateo and northern Santa Clara counties. As we enter our 30th year, Rebuilding Together Peninsula, is one of the largest of the over 130 affiliates of Rebuilding Together Inc., a national nonprofit, has an operating budget of nearly $2 million and additionally benefits from nearly $1 million worth of donated resources and volunteer time annually.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a detail and solution-oriented Program Coordinator (PC) to support our home repair programs. The ideal candidate will serve as a hub of project information for staff, volunteers, clients, and vendors by ensuring proper collection of all necessary paperwork from program applicants and data for grant compliance. As the first point of contact for most volunteers, clients, and in-kind donors, the Program Coordinator must have a strong customer service mindset, including a diplomatic and supportive communication style. Computer literacy with an ability to master all office applications and databases is critical. The PC works in collaboration with 11 other staff and 3 AmeriCorps members to ensure the success of the National Rebuilding Day, Team Build, Safe at Home, and other year-round programs.
The PC must be able to work effectively with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds including seniors, individuals with disabilities, multi-generational families, volunteers, vendors, sponsors, and donors. This is a full-time, non-exempt position based in Redwood City, and reports to the Associate Director.
Client Relations and Application Processing (40%)
- Respond to incoming visits, phone calls, emails and letters from applicants and clients regarding application or project status, forwarding to other staff or AmeriCorps for follow-up as appropriate
- Coordinate applicant/client communication letters and prepare applicant files for review
- Process homeowner and community facility applications for National Rebuilding Day, Safe at Home, Team Build and any special programs; follow-up with incomplete applications
- Confirm homeowner title and verify applicant qualifications – home ownership, residency, and income levels. Assist with police checks as needed
- Manage applicant and project databases, as well as related paper files
- Refer clients, as appropriate, to other services in the community
Administrative and Project Volunteer Support (35%)
- Provide administrative support to Construction Program Director, Program Managers, Technicians, Volunteers. and Associate Director, specifically with regards to ROOMS, GoogleDoc, and Salesforce entries.
- Prepare preview information and program-related materials for repair programs.
- Process in-kind donor forms, check requests, and material and supply order forms as appropriate -- both paper and online versions
- Contact staff, volunteers and donors to collect in-kind donor forms for materials and labor used to support RTP programs, and assist with related data entry and letters as appropriate.
- CDBG reporting support: photo upload, CDS site demographics, match receipts to reporting summary, etc.
- Quarterly ROOMS reconciliation with QuickBooks reports from RTP bookkeeper
Vendor, Subcontractor, & RTP Order Management (20%)
- Manage inventory, including procurement of supplies, solicitation of discounts and donations and coordination of materials for all projects, including processing requests and orders from volunteers
- Manage volunteer support for processing orders and warehouse organization
- Process all vendor receipts and invoices, including related ROOMS entries and prep for PM sign-off
- Keep ROOMS order details/items updated and process ROOMS orders, including vendor coordination and pricing
- Maintain subcontractor documentation, including licensing & W9 information
Other projects as assigned (5%)
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Understanding and commitment to RTP mission and values
- Impeccable organizational skills, significant attention to detail and follow-through, ability to work on multiple tasks Self-starter, able to complete projects from start to finish
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse range of individuals from various ethnic, socio-economic, and living environments
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and maintain professional decorum under stress
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and desire to work with volunteers who provide and need varying levels of support
- Excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with construction tools and materials a plus.
- Computer literacy with Macintosh-based Salesforce, Filemaker Pro, MS Office products, as well as online applications such as Constant Contact and SurveyMonkey.
- Fluent in English (read, write, and speak); conversational Spanish ability preferred
- Work occasional nights or weekends throughout the year, particularly in preparation for National Rebuilding Day (February-April) and Team Build projects. We offer flexibility to accommodate these obligations.
Compensation: Anticipated starting salary is $40,000-45,000. RTP offers a competitive compensation package that includes health, dental and vision insurance to all regular full-time employees. RTP offers retirement plan benefits to eligible employees. In addition to standard sick leave and vacation accrual, RTP recognizes 13 paid holidays as well as an office shutdown for all business days between Christmas & New Year’s Day.
How To Apply
Confidential Application Process: Email your cover letter (Word or PDF document) summarizing your interest, fit with qualifications, compensation requirements and experience along with a current resume to: Melissa Lukin, Executive Director of Rebuilding Together Peninsula at email@example.com. Please note “Program Coordinator” in the subject field. Resumes must have a cover letter in order to be considered.
RTP welcomes all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
For information about the organization, visit http://www.rtpeninsula.org.