- Experience Level
Resources for Residents and Communities (RRC) is a not-for-profit Atlanta community development corporation.
RRC is seeking a part-time Home Ownership Counselor. The Home Ownership Center Counselor is a non-exempt role that provides one-on-one client counseling and provides with workshop delivery. This role will focus on homebuyer and financial management education. The Counselor is supervised by the Executive Director.
- Provide confidential, professional and expert credit, budget and homebuyer counseling to clients. Adhere to the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling.
- Provide high quality service in accordance with all state, federal and regulatory guidelines for the provision of counseling services.
- Exhibit sensitivity to the needs and expectations of clients by listening empathetically, communicating clearly and establishing supportive relationships.
- Maintain accurate, thorough and timely client records.
- Enter client data accurately into the management information system.
- Provide regular follow-up calls to clients.
- Provide regular updates to Home Ownership Center Director on counseling and workshop activities.
- Develop and provide training in the areas of homebuyer education, financial fitness and other workshops. Monitor the presentations of other instructors to ensure quality compliance. Some of these events will occur regularly in the evenings and/or weekends.
- Coordinate logistics and intake at homebuyer education and other workshops.
- Represents the HOC as needed at outreach events and networking opportunities.
- Perform other related duties and serve as a member of the RRC staff team, contributing to overall organizational work as needed.
Experience, Skills and Education Desired:
- Track record of experience in homebuyer education and counseling.
- Experience in delivery of homebuyer and financial education training. Ability to provide interactive presentations and to motivate as well as inform.
- A Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be computer proficient in MS Office products, internet and e-mail.
- Must be able to work with a database management system and conduct accurate data recordkeeping in the system.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to provide courteous and patient customer service.
- Ability to provide professional representation for RRC.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- HUD Housing counseling certification.