CRM Data Analyst Associate
- Experience Level
OVERVIEW: Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta is continuing to build a diverse team of highly motivated and qualified individuals to create a new model of 21st century community of philanthropy and engagement. Federation seeks candidates who are forward-thinking, motivated, have a positive attitude, and thrive in an inclusive, dynamic environment. Federation is committed to developing and supporting its employees through professional development, excellent insurance and retirement benefits, generous PTO, free parking in Midtown, and more.
The CRM Data Analyst Associate analyzes and manages constituent records in our Blackbaud CRM system to ensure that data integrity and best practices are followed by staff. This position is responsible for running and reviewing reports to identify data quality issues, investigate root causes of the issues, and work individually and with others to implement corrective action.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides reporting for campaign needs, including event attendance and registration lists
- Promotes user self-service through training and leadership
- Prepares bills, acknowledgment letters, and tax receipts
- Assists with customizing existing reports and data manipulation
- Assists in verification of data loading
- Regularly conducts daily and weekly reviews of data quality reports and resolves data issues and problems
- Assists with de-duping and cleanup of Blackbaud CRM records
- Handles data quality issues by taking corrective action on data elements and records and works with department managers and individuals, as needed, to resolve issues and prevent recurrence
- Maintains familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for an employee in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of an employee in this job.
- Minimum of two years’ experience with Blackbaud CRM required
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Experience with Salesforce.com Nonprofit Success Pack preferred
- Intermediate Word and Excel proficiency required
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of internal management, staff, partners, volunteers, and donors
- Ability to work well with a team and independently
- Demonstrated problem-solving and critical evaluation skills
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Intermittent standing and walking with prolonged periods of sitting at desk or in meetings. Must have good visual acuity for reading documents and reports and to use computer.
* Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.