Finance Accounting Coordinator
- Degree Level
Job Title: Finance Accounting Coordinator
Department: Finance and Human Resources
Schedule: Determined with supervisor, 20 hours/week
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
The Finance Accounting Coordinator is responsible for preparing and recording deposits, preparing and posting journal entries as assigned and reconciling assigned accounts. The position also performs monthly bank account reconciliations and assist other team members as needed. This position reports to the CFO and is a part-time hourly position (25
hours per week).
Essential Job Functions:
- Review all cash receipts and ensure proper coding. Prepare deposits for approval and input per deposit procedures.
- Record and post deposits in General Ledger. Submit to Sr. Accountant for approval.
- Prepare assigned monthly bank reconciliations, review and monitor stale dated bank reconciliation items, and submit to Sr. Accountant for approval. Cancel posted deposited checks upon completion of bank reconciliation.
- Perform monthly analysis on Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Fixed Asset. balances and ensure sub-ledgers balance to General ledger.
- Reconcile and prepare Petty Cash reimbursements. Submit to Grant Manager for processing.
- Prepare and post month end non-payroll related expense allocations.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries as assigned.
- Maintain and update Monthly Closing Checklist.
- Maintain Master Customer Lists.
- Maintain file of posted Journal Entries and supporting documentation.
- Perform all other tasks as requested by the CFO or Sr. Accountant.
- Assist with monthly reconciliations for Credit Card and Inventory accounts.
- Maintain files for all accounting documents.
- Provide backup assistance with recording of Credit Card expenses.
- Provide backup assistance with Client merchandise Inventories.
- Provide backup for Accounts Payable processing and disbursements.
- Provide backup for Online Banking Remote Deposit Scanning.
- Provide backup for Accounts Payable.
- Provide backup to allocate administrative expenses and staff time.
- Assist with annual audit tasks.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to successfully interact with a diverse staff from a variety of cultural, ethnic, religious, and educational back grounds.
- Submit to a criminal background check.
- Possess good analytical abilities and skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve system level issues.
- Adapts easily to working in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Self-starter, takes initiative, recognizes a sense of urgency.
- Fundamental knowledge of basic MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook skills.
- Commitment to organization’s mission and serving refugees.
- Familiarity with non-profit accounting software a plus.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Associates Degree in Accounting and/or 2 years entry level accounting experience required.
This is a part-time, position with an hourly range of $15 - $18 based on experience. 14 paid holidays and a generous paid time off policy. To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume by clicking the APPLY button indicating Finance Accounting Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The closing date for this position will be Feb. 28, 2019.
New American Pathways is an Equal Opportunity Employer.