Human Resource Coordinator
- Position Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Human Resource Coordinator
Department: Finance and Human Resources
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Human Resources Coordinator will work as a strategic partner with Directors and Department Managers toward recruitment, development and retention of a dynamic workforce. The HR Coordinator will perform a number of functions associated with new and existing staff, act as direct liaison with Propel HR on payroll, benefit, performance management and other human resources matters. Develop appropriate on-boarding orientation information, maintain and enhance professional development and performance measurement plans. The position is a full-time salaried position, which reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with the recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel and temporary employees. Oversee, develop and facilitate posting of all job openings on company job boards, external job boards, and other professional organization venues as appropriate. Support hiring managers as needed with pre-employment screening and background checks.
- Direct and coordinate all activities involving employee on-boarding and separations. Ensure all necessary documents are provided to new employees and contractors for completion. Conduct new hire orientations and exit interviews. Maintain confidentiality of personnel files.
- Review all completed forms and required documents for new employees and contractors. Assure that appropriate background checks are completed and necessary driver information is provided to our insurance company.
- Manage and coordinate professional development program and various training resources that will support employees in current and future positions. Coordinate trainings in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and harassment and discrimination.
- Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll through SaaSHR for NewAP Staff and AmeriCorps members, and monthly payment for 1099 Contractors. Payroll report prepared for review with the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive Officer prior to processing deadline.
- Establish and ensure that employee job descriptions are current. Maintain company organization chart and employee directory.
- Work closely with managers in collaboration with Propel HR’s designated HR Specialist to provide guidance as it pertains to employee relations, counseling and performance feedback.
- Administer performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the organization.
- Maintain organization’s HRIS system SaaSHR in collaboration with Propel HR. This includes hiring & terminations, timesheet submission, leave accruals, payroll, standard and ad hoc monthly reporting, EEOC data, COBRA and ACA reporting requirements and other functions available to New AP through the SaaSHR system.
- Work closely with Propel HR and Willis Towers Watson to communicate benefits information to employees. Provide benefits enrollment support and review benefits information with new employees.
- Work closely with finance team in providing payroll reports, compensation and benefits budget information, and other staff-related expense information as needed.
- Prepare and maintain employee handbook. Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs. Provide interpretation of company policies to staff.
- Ensure safety protocols are being followed and up to date.
- Provide ad hoc support and make recommendations on internal communications, staff committees, staff wellness, and other employee initiatives.
- Develop and oversee completion of employee climate surveys to enhance company culture and employee morale.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide backup to all team members of the Finance and Human Resources Department as appropriate.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to successfully interact with a diverse staff from a variety of cultural, ethnic, religious, and educational backgrounds.
- Detailed oriented with strong analytical abilities and skills. Strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter, takes initiative, recognizes a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated core competency skills in MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Commitment to organization’s mission and serving refugees.
- Ability to identify and resolve system and management level issues.
- Adapts easily to working in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration or related field; or 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing a range of HR disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Submit to a criminal background check.
This is a full-time, salaried position with an annual salary range of $38,000-$42,000. Employer contributes to medical, dental and vision insurance. Employer pays life and disability insurance. Fourteen (140 paid holidays and a generous paid time off policy. Employee has the option to contribute to 401(k).
The closing date for this position will be Feb. 28, 2019.
New American Pathways is an Equal Opportunity Employer.