Wildlife over Waste Campaign Director
- Experience Level
As a Field Office Director, you will run your own canvass office and work on campaigns with groups like Environment America and U.S. PIRG. You’ll recruit supporters, raise money and mobilize thousands of people to take action. Being a director requires that you work independently, exercise good judgment and work hard to meet the office’s staffing, campaign, and fieldwork goals. You’ll build the people power it takes to create positive change. You could work on issues like tackling climate change, stopping throw-away plastics from polluting our oceans, powering more of our cities and states with clean energy like wind and solar power, and more. We are hiring for immediate positions as well as positions beginning August 2019.
You should apply to work with us if you want to:
Canvass and Raise Money
- Directors canvass three to four times a week
- Train new staff in the field
- Raise money
- Identify and activate members
- Educate the public on the issues
Run the Office
- Oversee administrative functions related to campaign goals, staff management, fundraising and membership development, and general office management
- Ensure that funds raised and member information collected gets to the partner organizations
- Complete your staff’s payroll accurately and in a timely fashion
Recruit, Train and Manage Staff
- Recruit, hire and manage a campaign staff of 10-40 canvassers
- Train staff on effective canvassing and campaigning techniques
- Run staff meetings and skills trainings
- Evaluate staff performance and give ongoing feedback
- Identify strong staff, teach them leadership skills and promote from within
Meet the Goals for Your Campaign
Reach or exceed your office’s fundraising and membership goals. Most offices have goals of educating 100,000 people, gathering 35,000 political actions, raising $250,000 and identifying 5,000 members each year.
We are looking for college graduates who have leadership experience and excellent communication skills, and who are willing to work hard to make lasting, positive change on important issues.
We have an excellent training program—it’s one of the things for which we’re most widely recognized. All positions have a month-long initial training, most of which is spent working in an existing field office and getting hands-on training. After that, we follow up with a classroom-style training.
Throughout the year, new and experienced canvass directors will participate in advanced trainings on staff management, canvassing, campaign strategy, media and public speaking.
We work on the campaigns and the issues that we think are the most pressing and set up our ground operations where we think we can make the biggest difference. We are running campaigns in CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, ME, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, WI, and Washington, D.C.
Pay and Benefits
The target annual compensation for Field Office Directors is $27,500-$31,500 in the first year, depending on the position. The Fund offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Apply online here: https://fundforthepublicinterest.org/cd-apply.html?utm_source=work-for-good&utm_medium=web-ad&utm_campaign=Fund-TPINspring2019&utm_term=36&utm_content=OPT_P_1-11
Things To Know When You Apply
Fund for the Public Interest has a vision of a better future, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to making positive change. Visit https://fundforthepublicinterest.org/core-values.html for things you should know about our organization when you apply.
Fund for the Public Interest is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.
Los Angeles-based positions: Fund for the Public Interest will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Development / Fundraising Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Human Resources / Recruiting Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Program / Project Management Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Seattle