Bookkeeper & Administrative Assistant
6 days left
- Experience Level
The Bookkeeper and Administrative Assistant will handle day-to-day office tasks and maintain financial and donor records. Flexible schedule of 10-15 hours per week.
Position will focus on data entry, including but not limited to donations, receipting, invoicing, database management, gift processing, acknowledgements, and financial management in Aplos.
- Weekly management of SCT finances including all billing and invoicing in Aplos
- Assist in preparation of 990 documents
- Review of all support documentation for the Monthly Expense reports from staff, board, and any other receipts from volunteers. Ensure all required documents are attached; calculations are correct and appropriate approvals are made.
- Send confirmations to vendors and sub-contractors of payments made.
- Assist with end of year Audit Preparation.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations.
- Maintain and improve the infrastructure for tracking of donor portfolios (major gift, corporations, foundations) for staff and board.
- Prepare donor lists for stewardship mailings, Board reports, donor visits and program impact reports.
- Create efficient methods to track revenue and expenses related to fundraising campaigns.
- Assist in year-end conservation easement documentation
- Order supplies, retrieve mail, make bank deposits, answer phones, manage equipment repair, etc.
- Make arrangements for board meetings, conferences and retreats.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
The position does not have any internal direct reports. Position will have regular interaction with the public, volunteers and contractors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to type, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus during significant computer related work.
Education/Experience: 3+ years bookkeeping experience, Associates Degree, Strong knowledge of Quickbooks Online and/or Aplos– bookkeeping, reconciliation, and adjusting journal entries, excellent communication and organizational skills. Must be detail oriented to maintain donor and financial record. Accounting skills and experience in general ledger, journal entries, payroll, cash/bank management
About the Southern Conservation Trust:
The Southern Conservation Trust protects greenspace, conserves forests, safeguards river, protects wildlife, provides environmental education, and ensures that our children have access to nature in our own communities. Based in Fayette County, Georgia, the Southern Conservation Trust works throughout the Southeast and currently protects over 33,000 acres with seven public nature areas and hundreds of conservation easements.