Community Development Intern
- Experience Level
RRC is a not-for-profit Atlanta community development corporation. For more information about RRC, visit www.rrc-atl.org.
RRC is seeking an intern to provide operational and research support for on-going community building, homeownership counseling and housing development programs. This will be a part-time, 3 to 4 month position (minimum), supervised by RRC Executive Staff. Most work will need to occur at the RRC offices, but some work may also be done in the field or from a home office. The intern in this position will work closely with RRC staff and community stakeholders.
- Become familiar with RRC’s previous work in Community outreach, housing development and home ownership counseling.
- Complete assigned projects (ex. research, event coordination, etc.)
- Organize and maintain careful records of research performed.
- Conduct data entry and review analyses of data.
- Share results with residents, RRC staff and other stakeholders, as needed.
- Perform other related duties.
- Post information and events via social media.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Research and evaluation experience preferred.
- Graduate student preferred, but willing to consider equivalent experience.
- Willingness and ability to work with diverse population.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency with word processing and simple databases.
- Understanding and support of the mission of RRC.