Coordinator, Finance & Administration
- Degree Level
CEP is currently seeking a highly motivated individual with strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills as a Coordinator on the Finance and Administration team. The Coordinator will provide accounting support to the organization as well as general administrative support for business operations. Projects will include accounts payable, client invoicing & collections, payroll support, project time-tracking, assisting in the monthly close process, and supporting the annual budgeting process, as well as other tasks. Candidates must be detail-oriented and able to balance multiple projects and priorities while remaining productive.
- Process accounts payable and manage resolution of billing issues
- Prepare client invoices, track payments and manage collections
- Process employee expense reports
- Participate in and assist with the month-end close process
- Assist with the completion of financial statements for grant reporting
- Support the annual budgeting process
- Provide annual audit and 990 filing support, including helping to maintain schedules as required
- Serve as primary contact to CEP’s insurance brokers
- Administer CEP’s time-tracking system
- Provide backup to front desk staff providing coverage as needed
- Maintain workload on or ahead of deadlines while maintaining quality and accuracy
- Provide excellent customer service both internal and external to the organization
- Assist in special projects as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience:
- At least two years full-time experience with accounts payable and receivable
- Collections experience required
- Experience with QuickBooks or Peachtree
- Experience with SAP Concur and Salesforce helpful, but not required
- BS/BA and at least three years of full-time relevant work experience; nonprofit experience a plus
- Some familiarity with nonprofit accounting standards helpful, but not required
- Excellent analytical, communication, and professional office skills
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong computer/technical skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of accountability and self-motivation
- Team player with a positive attitude and the ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels of the organization as well as with outside business contacts
We believe diversity and inclusion are key drivers of creativity and innovation, and we actively seek out candidates with diversity of backgrounds, skills, experiences, and perspectives for this exciting role.
Our nonprofit model is central to our identity: our bottom line is impact, not profit. Yet even as a nonprofit, we successfully compete for top talent across both the public and private sectors and offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- The base salary range for this role is $60,000 to $65,000. In addition, this role is eligible for performance based incentive compensation.
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance plans
- Generous paid time off plan, including up to 15 holidays, two weeks of accrued vacation, and two personal days per year
- 401(k) plan with a 1:1 Employer Match up to 5% of total compensation
- Generous annual personal professional development allowance
- Flexible spending and dependent care tax free savings plans
- Life insurance covered 100% by the organization.
For more than a decade, CEP has led the movement to improve philanthropy through a powerful combination of dispassionate analysis and a passionate commitment to improving lives. Today, over 300 foundations have used CEP’s assessment tools to gather honest feedback from their stakeholders in an effort to learn how to be even more effective. CEOs and trustees have come to rely on our research for insights into foundation effectiveness on a wide range of topics, from assessing performance to developing strategy to managing stakeholder relationships. Our highly regarded programming—including our biennial conference—gives foundation leaders an exclusive and unprecedented opportunity to connect with their peers. Strengths of CEP’s work culture are entrepreneurialism, accountability, teamwork, collegiality, diversity, and mutual respect. CEP is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with a second office in San Francisco, California. This position is available in CEP’s Cambridge office.
Please fill out our application for employment and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. If you have any questions, please contact Leaha Wynn, Associate Manager, Human Capital and D&I Strategist or Alyse d’Amico, Director of Human Capital and Special Assistant to the President at jobs [at] cep [dot] org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
CEP is an equal opportunity employer.