VISTA Family Well-Being Coordinator
- Position Type
- Full Time
Job Title: VISTA Family Well-Being Coordinator
Focus Area: Family Well-Being
Reports to: Managing Director of Family Well-Being
Status: Full Time/AmeriCorps VISTA/STIPEND
Start Date: February 19, 2019 (1 Year Service Term)
About the AmeriCorps VISTA Program: This position is offered through the AmeriCorps VISTA program. Founded in 1965 as Volunteers in Service to America, VISTA is a national service program designed specifically to fight poverty in America. AmeriCorps VISTA members are passionate and committed to their mission to bring individuals and communities out of poverty. Members make a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. They focus their efforts to build the organizational, administrative, and financial capacity of organizations that fight illiteracy, improve health services, foster economic development, and otherwise assist low-income communities. More information about AmeriCorps VISTA and the program’s compensation and benefits can be found here: http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista.
AmeriCorps VISTA is open to all U.S. citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent residents age 18 and older. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply. Selected candidate must be willing to attend an expenses-paid, four-day out-of-state orientation in August 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build capacity of the programs, services and events of the LAA’s Family Well-Being focus area through new partnerships, collaboration and coordination of services
- Identify service gaps for Latino individuals and families in Georgia as related to housing, health and hunger and develop strategies for increasing access to needed resources
- Research and plan strategies for increasing the reach and impact of Family Well-Being programs and events to serve all of Georgia
- Straighten community partnership, by coordinating meetings, perform presentations, to increase community resources, facilitate coordination of referrals, and engage in the LAA’s mission and to reach out community members
- Develop strategies to increase awareness of and participation in special events including the annual Hispanic Health Expo and health initiatives at the LAA
- Assist with activities in support of the LAA’s Family Well-Being advocacy agenda such as coalition building initiatives, large-scale public education campaigns and Health, Housing and Hunger Summits
- Create informational and educational materials and collateral for programs, services and events such as updating directories and community resources guides
- Assist with the development and implementation of processes for measuring outcomes and impact of Family Well-Being outreach, partnerships, events and advocacy
- Research and identify new grants and funding opportunities to support Family Well-Being programs and events
- Support advocacy work by conducting research and gathering information on housing, hunger, and health issues for reports, white papers, and presentations
- Complete and submit weekly activity logs
- Fluency in English AND Spanish preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Experience working in a nonprofit setting and/or with social services programs preferred
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
Compensation: This position is offered through the AmeriCorps VISTA program. Compensation includes a living allowance of approximately $12,000 and an education award ($5,000) or end-of service stipend ($2,500). Other benefits include health insurance and, if applicable, compensation for child care and relocation assistance.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Apply for this position online at https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=82388