Special Events Manager
- Position Type
- Full Time
SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGER
In collaboration with the Development team, the Special Events Manager will manage all Camp Southern Ground charity events, from concept through completion, including special fundraiser gatherings, and stewardship events. At times, the Special Events Manager will provide assistance with corporate onsite facility events and/or activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
Fundraising Special Events:
- Develop and manage each event’s unique budget and timeline.
- Identify and manage vendors, venues and partners to ensure the best possible experience for event participants and to ensure, budget considerations are met.
- Oversee event details including venue site, tents, equipment and supply rentals, décor, AV, production, catering, beverages, valet, external services, auction, registration, transportation, hotels, trafficking print materials through the design process, etc.
- Gather and negotiate vendor proposals/contracts for all events and ensure compliance with insurance, legal and safety requirements.
- Schedule venue/home site visits with vendors in coordination with logistics and onsite management.
- Creatively work with leadership in generating major donor and corporate event sponsorships.
- Work with Engagement leadership with guest list management, and management of VIP guests.
- Provide reports on detail seating commitments and ticket/table levels.
- Maintain on-going contact with executive staff, Board of Directors and event leadership.
- Coordinate creative design materials meeting relating to assets and deliverables for event.
- Advise and assist in planning elements of live auction, including selection of Auctioneer and creative auction items and event day operation.
- Advise and assist in securing appropriate guest/swag bag or item and event day distribution.
- Structure a detail timeline which includes weekly/monthly tasks, responsible party, and deadlines from pre-planning through conclusion of event.
- At each event, be on hand to proactively manage any issues that arise in a professional manner and serve as the point person in charge of managing all event logistics.
- Create timeline for the event “Run of Show” and circulate for approval. Upon final approval, produce a “Minute-to-Minute” document which combines all activities. Distribute to all parties.
- Finalize all guest counts with set-up and serving vendors.
- Coordinates with marketing and communications team members to ensure appropriate and timely announcements, promotions and publicity, marketing materials, recognition and follow up post-event. Create marketing copy for both print and digital event promotions and invitations.
- Provide and coordinate staffing and volunteer support for Check-in and run of evening.
- Coordinate production and distribution of acknowledgement letters with leadership for donors/sponsors and participants to all events in a timely manner.
- Reconcile ticket and table numbers for generated tax receipts post event, including auction and donation activities.
Camp Southern Ground Corporate Events:
- Occasionally provide assistance/coverage in support of Corporate/Hospitality Director.
- Provide assistance only as time permits from primary role responsibilities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing event schedules.
- A successful and enthusiastic event planner with a proven record of overseeing events from conception to completion. At least three years of special events management experience preferred.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required for all events.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-4 years equivalent to experience in event planning and hospitality management.
- Special event budget management experience for large scale events essential.
- Excellent organization, time management and communication skills.
- Outstanding client/donor service skills essential and a team player approach to work with a diverse group of individuals, including donors and vendors.
- Extensive experience managing volunteers of all levels.
- Excellent problem solving skills needed.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism necessary; attention to detail imperative, high energy, flexibility, discretion and sound judgement required.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, database experience with mail merges; Raiser’s Edge experience preferred, in addition to on-line fundraising and auction platforms.