- Experience Level
Atlanta Ministry with International Students (AMIS) is seeking a full-time Program Administrator to support this well-established non-profit organization. AMIS is a Christian-based organization that promotes cultural understanding through friendship and hospitality with international students in the Greater Atlanta area. Since its start in 1978, AMIS has provided opportunities for international students – both in Atlanta and around the United States to develop friendships with American volunteers and together share both U.S. and their country’s culture and customs. Learn more about our organization at www.amis-inc.org.
The AMIS Program Administrator will provide administrative support for all AMIS’ program areas and the AMIS office with a goal of expanding the students served and volunteers involved. Main program areas include:
- The AMIGO program which matches international students/scholars studying at Atlanta colleges and universities with Atlanta-area volunteers interested in a casual friendship arrangement. It is an ongoing, year-round program.
- Christmas International House (CIH) is a two-week home-stay program for international students attending college/university outside the Atlanta area, and takes place during students’ winter break. Students spend the day at Atlanta-area historical, cultural, and recreational attractions and spend evenings and weekends sharing in metro Atlanta volunteers’ homes and activities.
- National Christmas International House (NCIH) is the umbrella program that provides oversight for 7+/- CIH programs offered in other cities around the US. This position serves as the NCIH Registrar and handles all NCIH administrative activities including registrations, information gathering, and communications with international student offices, program directors, and student participants. More information can be found at www.ChristmasIH.org.
Job responsibilities include:
AMIS Program Administration
- Support the mission of AMIS by coordinating and administering all AMIS Programs under the direction of the Executive Director and the AMIS Board of Directors: including the Amigo Program, Thanksgiving Program, the Annual Welcome Reception, AMIS Day event, Atlanta Christmas International House, monthly Amigo events, and any additional campus outreach events. Includes coordinating, event planning, managing details like registration, set-up, and follow-up, as well as keeping records, reporting, and program evaluation.
- Use Salesforce to administer the Amigo Program and Thanksgiving program to match international students with American volunteers and facilitate communication between both.
- Assist with program communications, website and technology needs.
- Communicate with international students and scholars at Atlanta area colleges/universities, local volunteers, churches, Kiwanis Clubs, and international student advisors about AMIS programs and events.
Bookkeeping & Office Administration
- Maintain records of donations, income, and expenses in QuickBooks. Deposit money in the bank and deal with bank.
- Keep financial records according to procedures established by the audit committee.
- Prepare expense checks, paychecks and file payroll taxes.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters for Executive Director’s signature. Record donor and volunteer information in Salesforce database. Keep donor, volunteer and student contact information up to date.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director as needed.
- Provide support for quarterly AMIS Board meetings and any additional Board meetings, teleconferences, or committee meetings as requested. Reserve room and set up for meeting, prepare Board packet and refreshments. Facilitate email and phone communications with Board members.
- Act as Registrar for NCIH Programs. Receive online student applications, review them to ensure that requirements are met. Contact and work with international student advisors at colleges/universities around the US. Communicate with NCIH program directors to review and accept student applicants and notify students.
- Assist with NCIH communications and marketing to International Student offices at US colleges and universities, international students, churches, and potential CIH programs. Assist with creating promotional materials and mailings.
- Support NCIH Advisory Committee including coordinating communications and annual teleconference.
- Work with AMIS Executive Director to plan and coordinate the Atlanta CIH Program, assisting with planning, details, making travel arrangements, recruiting, and communicating with hosts, churches, and travel venues.
- Maintain NCIH website.
- Solicit and gather NCIH evaluations for ED and NCIH Advisory Committee review. Keep records and reports on NCIH programs.
Communications and Marketing Support
- Assist Executive Director and Communications Committee in creating marketing and promotional materials for the AMIS ministry as needed.
- Maintain AMIS website and social media accounts.
- Assist with preparing and mailing Annual Report in spring and Year-End appeal in October/November. Coordinate printing and preparing mailing lists.
- Assist with sending monthly electronic newsletters to AMIS volunteers/supporters and AMIS students.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years office administration experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel). Familiarity with Google Suite, WordPress, QuickBooks, Salesforce, Mail Chimp, Forms Assembly, Dropbox and social media applications helpful.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required as well as efficient organizational and time-management abilities.
- Willingness to learn, with the potential to grow and desire to increase responsibilities. Willingness to fundraise helpful.
- Interest in international peoples and cultures. A candidate with cross-cultural experiences and awareness will be preferred. Familiarity with churches, experience engaging volunteers and service organizations will be beneficial.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable with people and technology, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task in a culturally-diverse, international, interesting, and ever-changing environment.
Please apply to Rev. Irene Wong, Executive Director by clicking on the "APPLY" button below. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Marketing / Communications Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Volunteer Services Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta