Web Developer - create and support WordPress sites for the greater good!
Do you love WordPress? Do you enjoy telecommuting? Do you enjoy creating new WordPress sites? Can you hit the ground running to troubleshoot and solve a wide array of problems with WordPress sites?
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org !
We are looking for a WordPress developer who has a passion for building and supporting websites that support small business and social change agents in achieving their goals. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to continuing an inclusive working environment - all qualified applicants should apply.
Responsibilities: Working closely with coworkers to create and maintain websites, communicating with clients, and completing work in a timely manner.
Track record of excellence in:
- WordPress — site-building and plugin development, WP-CLI
- Building responsive, mobile-friendly websites that look and perform consistently across popular platforms and browsers
- Using Linux/BSD command line utilities
- Git-based dev / stage / prod workflow
- Writing clean, self-documenting code
- Working both independently and as part of a team
- Meeting deadlines
- Adhering to coding standards and best practices of different frameworks and languages involved in a project
- Working with grace under pressure
Familiarity with, or ability to come up to speed on:
- Harvest time tracking
- Popular WordPress plugins such as Formidable Forms, Advanced Custom Fields, and iThemes Security
- Integrations with 3rd-party services
- Vagrant VMs provisioned by Ansible
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Willingness to teach and learn with others
- Ability to communicate progress and discuss roadblocks throughout a project
- Ability to incorporate feedback during development
- Punctuality and dependability
- Availability for communications and work during U.S. Pacific time normal business hours
Nice to Haves:
- MySQL Skills
- Software project management experience
- Intermediate / advanced Git skills, such as feature branches, pull requests, & merge conflict resolution
- Experience with gulp
- Graphic design skills
- Experience with website accessibility concepts and techniques
- Experience with social media marketing
- Experience with BrowserStack or other cross-browser testing tools
A bit about us: Founded in 2004, Radical Designs is a worker-owned cooperative. We provide web design, development, hosting and support to nonprofits, grassroots social justice organizations and small businesses.
A bit about you: Help us pick you by giving us a short blurb about you and the technologies you love to nerd-out on, and showing us some projects and repos if you have them!
Apply! This is a part-time contract position, with consideration for full-time salaried (+ benefits) employment. Pay is negotiable based on experience. Please send your resumé to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!