Office Manager/Executive Assistant
- Experience Level
NAMI Georgia is seeking an enthusiastic, committed, and skillful individual who is dedicated to the organization’s mission of promoting recovery and optimizing the quality of life for Georgians with mental illness and their families through support, education, and advocacy.
Summary: The Office Manager is responsible for maintaining a variety of general office activities and providing support to the Executive Director. These activities include front desk support, professional executive support, office bookkeeping, meeting and event coordination, and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Acts as the first point of contact for visitors and guests and maintains office space to present an inviting atmosphere.
- Provides direct support including but not limited to email prioritization, scheduling, and administrative tasks to the Executive Director
- Manages incoming and outgoing mail along with shipping and receiving duties.
- Reviews, codes when appropriate, and distributes incoming correspondence.
- Manages office supplies inventory; responsible for ordering office supplies.
- Assists in maintaining membership database.
- Supports all aspects of event planning for NAMI Georgia
- Responsible for major mailings and printing jobs.
- Coordinates maintenance of all office equipment operations, supplies, and repairs.
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures such as bookkeeping, files, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services.
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
- Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
- Follows NAMI’s established uniform marketing procedures and style practices.
- Formulates procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Follows office budget and initiates cost reduction policies/procedures.
- Coordinates clerical activities of various departments.
- Maintains contact with members and outside vendors.
- Coordinates office volunteer tasks when necessary.
- Ability to greet individuals, either via phone or as office walk-ins, who are potentially experiencing a mental health concern or crisis.
- Regular attendance and presence in-office from 8:30am – 5:00pm is required (with 30 minute lunch break); no remote work.
- Ability to get along and work effectively with others.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, policies, procedures, and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software, Google products, and Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of basic office equipment should include: Internet and email, copy and fax machines, postage meter, and telephone.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Mental Health / Crisis Intervention Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Customer Service / Retail Mental Health / Crisis Intervention Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Mental Health / Crisis Intervention Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Volunteer Services Mental Health / Crisis Intervention Full Time jobs in Atlanta