- Experience Level
Development Coordinator - Orlando Office
Make-A-Wish Central and Northern Florida grants the wishes of children with critical illnesses.
Make-A-Wish of Central and Northern Florida seeks a candidate with a minimum of one year non-profit, sales, or marketing experience. The successful candidate will have experience in outside sales and managing corporate accounts with excellent organization and time-management skills.
Job Description Summary: The Development Coordinator is responsible for meeting the fundraising goals set by the chapter for all fundraising activities assigned. These activities include:
• Annual Casino Night & Poker Tournament
• Season of Wishes Holiday Campaign
• Research and Writing Grant Proposals and Requests
• Adopt-A-Wish Program
• External Events and National Corporate Partnerships
• Individual Giving and Direct Mail Donor stewardship
• Wish It Forward and Kids for Wish Kids Support
This job requires a dynamic, motivated, energetic, and personable individual with a go-getter attitude and a drive to meet and exceed budgetary fundraising goals.
Reports to: Development Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to include (but are not limited to):
Casino Night and Poker Tournament:
The Development Coordinator will manage a high-level committee in charge of a Fall Casino Night and Poker Tournament, ensuring that the event meets and exceeds its revenue goals. This involves soliciting and securing sponsorship, securing auction items and prizes, advising and guiding the committee members, and managing all the logistics leading up to and on event day.
• Actively solicit and secure corporate sponsorships from $1,000 to $10,000 to reach the sponsorship goal for the event. Development Coordinator will work with committee members and board members to develop a prospect list and follow-up with phone calls, e-mails, and face-to-face meetings.
• Manage and work with a volunteer committee made up of business leaders in the greater Orlando area. Frequently communicate with Casino Night committee to keep members engaged, motivated, and up-to-date on the status of event. Work closely with committee chair to set timeline, goals, and expectations for each committee member.
• Partner with Development Specialist to ensure a smooth and successful execution of the event.
Season of Wishes Holiday Campaign:
Season of Wishes is the chapter’s holiday campaign that gives local businesses, individuals, clubs and
organizations an opportunity to support Make-A-Wish during the holiday season. The campaign includes
an end-of-the-year direct mail appeal and local and national promotions that raise money for Make-A-Wish.
• Responsible for achieving the annual budgeted revenue goal of approximately $80,000 for the
Season of Wishes holiday campaign.
• Coordinates region’s end of the year direct mailing
• Solicits and secures partners to raise money for Make-A-Wish during the holiday season through
wish star sales, give-back events, personal/company fundraising pages, and in-office fundraisers
• Writes and submits grant requests to local foundations, corporations, and organizations.
• Other duties as assigned
Adopt-A-Wish offers local companies and clubs the ultimate connection to Make-A-Wish by partnering
their philanthropic gift with a child’s heartfelt wish. The Development Coordinator will be responsible
• Actively soliciting Adopt-A-Wish partners
• Keeping an up to date list of wishes available for adoption in the Central and Northeast regions
• Stewarding Adopt-A-Wish donors through the process, ensuring their benefits are fulfilled once
their donation has been received.
Wish it Forward:
Wish it Forward gives our families a chance to remain engaged in our mission past the wish experience
by becoming advocates of our organization, guest speakers, and participating in our annual fundraising
events. The Development Coordinator will be responsible for:
• Following up with families who have indicated they are interested in fundraising opportunities
and connecting them with the proper event.
• Keeping an up to date list of Wish Ambassadors for the chapter to reference for internal or
external events and speaking opportunities.
• Responsible for achieving the annual budgeted revenue goal of approximately $50,000 for
• Manages a portfolio of a minimum of 10-20 external events/campaigns taking place throughout
• Reviews and evaluates external fundraising proposals – works with the Development Manager
to determine the feasibility of these events
• Initiates new fundraising opportunities with corporations, clubs and organizations, and
• Acts as the liaison between the external event partner and Make-A-Wish to ensure the success
of the event/campaign
• Coordinates appropriate support for these activities ensuring the donor has the agreed upon
supplies, materials, board, volunteer, and wish family representation.
• Maintains the records and updated files for all external event partners
• Coordinates appropriate thanks/recognition for all external event donors
• Attends and speaks about the organization at kick-off parties as necessary to encourage and
motivate employee and guest participation and support.
• Attends and speaks about the organization at check-presentations – ability to attend in the
evenings and on weekends as needed.
• Responsible for any follow-up with external event donors to ensure Make-A-Wish receives
National Corporate Partners:
• Responsible for achieving the annual budgeted revenue goal of a minimum of $50,000 for
national corporate partnerships.
• Manages a portfolio of approximately 15-20 National Partnerships
• Attends and speaks about the organization at kick-off events to encourage and motivate
employee participation and support – ability to attend in the evenings and on weekends as
• Coordinates appropriate support for these activities ensuring the sponsor has the agreed upon
supplies, materials, board, volunteer, and wish family representation.
• Maintains the records and updated files for all national corporate partners
• Coordinates appropriate thank you/recognition for corporate sponsor contacts
• Responsible for any follow-up with corporate sponsorship contact and maintaining a positive
relationship with contact throughout the year.
Competitive Candidates Will Possess the Following:
• Minimum one-year non-profit, sales, marketing, or business development experience
• Self- starter with drive and motivation to meet and surpass budgetary goals
• A positive, optimistic, and energetic personality
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills – the ability to juggle several projects at once
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
• Excellent computer skills; experience using photoshop, illustrator, and indesign preferred
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and businesses
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Flexible and adaptable to change
• Articulate in person and on the phone
• Meticulous attention to detail
• High energy level and “go-getter” attitude
• Reliable transportation and driver’s license
• Bachelor’s Degree (Business or Non-Profit Management preferred) and one year of experience
in sales, business development, marketing or fundraising.
E-mail your cover letter and resume reflecting salary requirements and experience to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls accepted.