- Experience Level
The Root Cause Coalition is seeking a detail-oriented Membership Coordinator with excellent written
and verbal communication skills who can coordinate the Coalition’s membership intake process, manage
the Coalition’s intern program, and assist with Coalition’s education portfolio. Other duties include
administrative support and assistance for the Coalition.
Essential Job Functions
Member Relations Job Functions
- Implement and manage processes for membership recruitment, outreach and onboarding.
- Review and respond to all submitted contact forms through TRCC website.
- Maintain records of communication with potential members.
- Manage invoicing and renewal of membership dues.
- Attend members’ events in DC and monitor activity of members to share with the Coalition.
- Manage and coordinate the Coalition’s Education and Research Committees. Including updating roster, creating meeting agendas in consultation with the Committee chair and Associate Executive Director, taking minutes, managing correspondence with the committee etc.
- Assist in managing the Coalition’s Webinar Series in consultation with the Coalition’s Associate Executive Director.
- Develop and implement Education and Research related projects at the direction of the Committees and Coalition leadership.
Administrative/ Operations Job Functions
- Oversee the addition of resources to Research Assets Repository on the Coalition’s website.
- Supervise TRCC intern program and assign relevant and interesting tasks.
- Coordinate, schedule and manage travel for Associate Executive Director.
- Create content for members on Jostle, the Coalition’s members-only intranet platform, weekly.
- Serve as the Jostle point-person/manager and answer any jostle-related questions from staff and TRCC members.
- Oversee the addition of new contacts to the Coalition’s listserv.
- Assist with general event planning for the Coalition’s larger events including, but not limited to, National Summit, Advocacy Day and regional summits.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Executive Director.
Personal Competencies: To perform the job successfully, the Membership Coordinator must
demonstrate the following competencies: highly motivated team player, dedicated and energized by the
Coalition’s mission; multi-tasks under pressure; extremely detail oriented, demonstrates accuracy and
thoroughness, adheres to time deadlines; prioritizes and plans work activities; communicates clearly and
Suggested Qualifications: 2-4 years of relevant job/internship experience. Bachelor’s degree required.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, three professional references, and resume in PDF form via email
to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference “Membership Coordinator” in the subject of