- Degree Level
Focus Community Strategies (FCS) is a Christian community development organization that partners with under-resourced neighborhoods to provide innovative and holistic development that produces flourishing communities where God’s Shalom is present.
Description: The role of the Development Manager is to provide highly professional administrative and technical support to the leadership of Focused Community Strategies (FCS) by managing donation processes, grant research and writing, scheduling, events and data collection and analysis for all fundraising activities within the organization.
Strong applicants for this position will be self-motivated, team-oriented, highly detailed and organized. Applicants must be able to manage multiple projects and schedules while maintaining communications with executive leadership. He/She will be asked to develop and maintain internal systems to strengthen and support FCS development and fundraising processes. Applicants must be skilled at organizing and grant writing.
- Donation Management
- Process all incoming donations and create receipts
- Manage donor acknowledgment process
- Manage database of donors and potential funders
- Create donor reports and fundraising analysis
- Leadership Support
- Coordinate board and board committee meetings and provide administrative support as needed
- Coordinate donor and foundation meetings on behalf of the organization as needed
- Assist leadership by ensuring organization has necessary communication materials for donors solicitation meetings and events
- Donor Relations & Events
- Maintain regular contact and communications with donors including follow up appointments, thank you’s, grant/donation inquiries, and marketing support.
- Research donor prospects and plan cultivation journey
- Proactively support and promote the work of FCS President and Executive Director by maintaining calendar and scheduling regular contact with donors including small annual events
- Grant Management
- Research possible grant and funding opportunities for the organization
- Write and edit grant applications in partnership with executive leadership
- Track all grant funding including upcoming deadlines, submitted applications, and funded applications. Complete and submit all requiring reports and documentation for funders
- Oversee grant compliance and reporting in partnership with program directors
- Oversee the creation and execution of monthly and quarterly organizational communications
- Maintain content on website, blog, and social media in partnership with Communications team
- Oversee the creation of annual report and other marketing materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A self-motivated and detail-oriented planner
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to communicate persuasively and accurately about FCS’s community development model and philosophy of responsible charity
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google products, social media and database software, Raiser’s Edge NXT preferred
- Commitment to a team environment
- 3 to 5 years of development experience