Director of Programs & Partnerships
- Experience Level
Southeastern Council of Foundations
TITLE: Director of Programs and Partnerships
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
SUPERVISES: Senior Programs & Partnerships Associate and Programs Associate
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Full-Time, Salaried
SALARY SCALE: 6
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for developing a comprehensive member education program and driving non-dues revenue for SECF. Areas of responsibility include program implementation and evaluation, resource development, foundation and cross-sector partnership development, sponsorships and external relations. The position will also support the development and delivery of major strategic initiatives.
- Oversee planning, funding and implementation of the Family Foundation Forum, Investment Conference, Community Foundation Bootcamp, Corporate Philanthropy Workshop and other educational programs and forums (ex. SEFOF) as requested.
- Provide support to the Annual Meeting, Hull Fellows Program and Leadership Development-related initiatives Planning Committees (ex. CEO Forum).
- Develop and maintain SECF volunteer faculty for Essential Skills and Strategies course.
- Design and deliver virtual programming that will further educate our members on their issue areas of focus as well as on trending topics in the philanthropy sector
- Identify and cultivate partnerships with relevant organizations that can help strengthen SECF programs and SECF organizational exposure (ex. United Philanthropy Forum, PSO Network, National Center for Family Philanthropy, ACCP, Foundation Center, Independent Sector, Grantmaking School, GA Center for Nonprofits, Council on Foundations, Center for Effective Philanthropy, Change Philanthropy Network, Grantmakers for Effective Organizations and a host of other partnerships).
- Provide direction and leadership for the SECF Program Committee to ensure that programming is in alignment with the SECF Strategic Plan and annual priorities
- Assist the President and CEO with the development and delivery of products and services that will add value to membership and enhance the operating budget.
- Identify and secure resources beyond dues revenue including foundation grants, sponsorships and fee-for-service programs.
- Help to design and secure sponsorship and advertising opportunities.
- Manage all grant activity, including the development of proposals and necessary reporting and follow-up.
- Maintain relationships on behalf of SECF with the investment management, grants management software, philanthropy consulting community and other sectors that have services that would help member foundations with the execution of mission.
- Serve on SECF’s Management Team. Participate in strategic planning and other initiatives affecting the direction of the organization.
- Provide management oversight and guidance for the Senior Programs and Partnerships Associate, Programs Associate and support with other staff and interns as determined.
- Develops connections with key people and organizations that advance the quality, connection and reach of SECF programs and services.
- Work closely with and provide support to the President and CEO and Executive Vice President of Operations and Finance to improve the overall governance and leadership within the organization. Serve as visible representative of SECF in lieu of the President and CEO when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ten years experience in the nonprofit or corporate sectors, with five years in management. Experience in philanthropy preferred.
- Experience with research and use of computer systems essential.
- Unwavering commitment to SECF values and mission.
- Strong customer-service orientation – both external and internal.
- Capacity to work cohesively with members and volunteers to ignite their passion in SECF.
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises good judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy and close attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other software programs, including word-processing, database and spreadsheet skills.
- Time Management – strong ability to organize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Flexibility – ability to effectively adapt to schedule and priority changes.
- Proven “whatever it takes” attitude and approach to work.
- Provides friendly atmosphere; excellent team player.
- Proven excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Minimal physical effort.
- Regular use of keyboard and internet.
- Able to travel by car and air.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Lift up to 30 pounds.
- Able to use office equipment.
This job description does not represent an inclusive list of all duties encompassed in this position, but rather serves as a tool to assist the employee in this position. The existence of this job description, or any other job description, does not in any way negate SECF’s “at will” employment status.
SECF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
Send a cover letter and resume to the contact information below by January 18, 2019.
Southeastern Council of Foundations
ATTN: Human Resources
100 Peachtree Street, NW, Suite 2080
Atlanta, GA 30303