Associate Director of Individual Giving
- Experience Level
Roundabout Theatre Company, the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatre company, seeks a personable individual with excellent communication and managerial skills to join the company’s Development team as Associate Director of Individual Giving. The position reports to the Director of Individual Giving and is part of a team that is responsible for raising $8 million annually as part of a total $18 million fundraising goal.
The Associate Director of Individual Giving will:
- Create annual plan to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward all individual donors and prospects of $2,500+ with a personal focus on multi-year commitments of $15,000+ per year for programmatic and show-related support.
- Network in the community to identify new prospects capable of making $15,000+ gifts.
- Manage a robust planned giving program with both short and long-term goals
- Directly manage a team of fundraisers who are responsible for VIP ticketing, stewardship, membership renewals, and cultivating donors in the Chairman’s Circle ($2,500+) and Artistic Director’s Circle ($15,000+).
- Oversee the Artistic Director’s Circle membership program, ensuring revenue goals are met and implementing new strategies to enhance the program.
- Supervise two Individual Giving Officers, ensuring monthly revenue goals are met, fulfilling individual giving research needs, and offering troubleshooting solutions and mentorship.
- Develop new strategies to enhance and improve the patron experience at Roundabout.
- Collaborate with the Special Events team to ensure major donor events are seamless and offer new ideas for maximizing donor giving through these events.
- Liaise with Manager of Development Operations to ensure timely gift processing and acknowledgement letters for individual gifts are sent.
Bachelor’s degree required, 3+ years’ experience in development required in a management role. Excellent communication and computer skills also required. Excellent writing capabilities a must.
Please forward cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com – and use code ADIG119 in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Mission: Roundabout Theatre Company celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present, and educating minds for the future.
Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.