Family Services Coordinator
- Position Type
- Full Time
Overview: The mission of Atlanta Habitat for Humanity is to partner with working families, sponsors and communities to build affordable, green, quality homes and to provide support services that promote successful home purchase and ownership. Our service area includes the city of Atlanta and the cities and neighborhoods of South Fulton. Atlanta Habitat is seeking a Family Services Coordinator to support our mission.
Position Summary: The Family Services Coordinator supports Atlanta Habitat’s mission by assisting with the identification, qualification and application processes for prospective homebuyers and participants in other programs.
The Family Services Coordinator is responsible for:
- Implementing Atlanta Habitat for Humanity’s homeowner outreach strategy.
- Coordinating and staffing information sessions and individual application appointments.
- Providing one-on-one counseling support to potential homebuyers to help them meet the requirements for application.
- Coordinating the Atlanta Habitat offered education opportunities designed to help prepare prospects for home purchase.
- Processing first-time applications for home purchase.
- Meeting or exceeding annual goals for securing approved homebuyer applicants.
- Assisting with the training of volunteers to ensure excellent customer service to applicants and partner families during their outreach and information session experiences.
- Using the SalesForce database to manage the workflow of each potential homebuyer through the outreach and application processes, including data entry, and application status changes, and monitoring the qualification status of all potential homebuyers.
Qualified candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and a marketing related major is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Two or more years of professional experience, preferably in sales, community outreach or housing.
- Certified loan originator preferred.
- Experience managing volunteers is preferred.
- Knowledge of housing issues and neighborhoods in the City of Atlanta.
- Background in consumer credit issues preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Able to make engaging public presentations and facilitate group workshops.
- Able to develop and maintain professional relationships with stakeholders, including but not limited to, prospective program participants, volunteers, city agencies, community organizations, employers, government organizations, and Atlanta Habitat staff.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and pay attention to details.
- Able to multi-task.
- Good computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook). Database management skills are necessary, preferably with Salesforce.
This position is classified full-time exempt, minimum 40 hours per week. Regular office hours are 7:30 am to 4 pm, 8 am to 4:30 pm, or 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Mondays through Fridays, frequent evening and weekend work is required. Flexible scheduling is permitted to accommodate changes in schedule.
Frequent driving around the City of Atlanta and South Fulton County is required - candidates must have a reliable vehicle and a valid drivers’ license. A full benefits package is offered including employer subsidized health insurance, paid time off (PTO), employee gym access, and a retirement savings plan with employer matching.
How to Apply: To apply for this job, please follow the link www.atlantahabitat.org/apply. Please no walk-ins, phone calls or faxes. Only candidates meeting all position requirements will be considered. More information about Atlanta Habitat for Humanity may be found on our website www.atlantahabitat.org. Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 8, 2018, or until the position is filled.
Atlanta Habitat is a Drug‐Free Workplace. This position is subject to a criminal background and credit check, periodic DMV checks for driving record and valid driver’s license, and drug and alcohol testing. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of all checks and testing.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy: Atlanta Habitat is dedicated to a policy of equal opportunity. We will give fair and equal treatment to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Atlanta Habitat to prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, religion, sex, disability, familial status, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, past or present military status, receipt of public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions, including compensation, recruitment, training, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Human Services $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Direct Service / Social Service Human Services $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Marketing / Communications Human Services $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Public Policy / Administration Human Services $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Sales / Telemarketing Human Services $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta