Human Resources Specialist
- Position Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Human Resources Specialist
Reports To: Human Resource Manager
Status: Non-exempt, full-time, hourly
Location: Mableton Business Center
Last Updated: January 2019
The HR Specialist will support the efforts of the HR Director, HR Manager, and HR Department in employee engagement, training and development, recruitment, retention, compensation, and HR data management. All work is to be done in the spirit of the Girl Scout Law.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and facilitate training classes including new hire orientation.
- Ensure legal compliance of the Council’s Training and Development practices and record keeping and maintain administrative records as required.
- Administer and communicate performance management process with Hiring Managers and staff. This includes goal setting and annual merit process.
- Responsible for timely and correct onboarding of employees from the start of their employment through the first 30 days of employment.
- Cultivates and fosters a collaborative partnership with departments in addressing human resource issues that may include performing departmental specific functions and faculty administration. Consults with Senior HR Director, HR Manager and Benefits Specialist, as needed.
- Serves as a resource for the other HR functions, works with the subject matter experts as needed to support employees. This includes areas such as, Benefits, Talent Management, and Employment Engagement.
- Assists HR Manager with interview processes, candidate assessments, internal and external job postings, candidate screenings, interview scheduling and coordination, and follow up communication with candidates, and create offer letters.
- Assists HR Manager with employee relation issues for all personnel, seasonal, and temporary employees.
- Contributes to and/or leads HR projects and programs.
- Attend Committee meetings as required.
- Collects, compiles & analyzes a variety of data and reports for the department.
- Compose emails, letters, charts, and other correspondence.
- Understands GSGATL organization and mission to provide proactive guidance.
- Upon request, or as necessary ensure requested job functions, duties and responsibilities are completed as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize critical business needs to accomplish goals and Council projects.
- Ability to extract/collect relevant data, manage, sort and interpret statistical data for analysis.
- Possess a superior customer service focus and consulting mindset.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail, self-motivation and the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and deliver high quality work product with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work well with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and respond to problems creatively.
- Must demonstrate advanced computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment and demonstrated skills in an HR database management and HR record keeping.
- Demonstrated ability to strictly preserve confidential information
- Must complete & clear a MVR, Criminal, and National Sex Offender background check.
- Requires the physical mobility to sit or walk for moderate periods of time and to occasionally carry or lift objects weighing 20 pounds.