- Willingness to Travel
- 25 - 50%
Beulah Heights University is a Christian university committed to developing global leaders for the ministry and marketplace. We are in search of an Admissions Counselor to support the Director of Admissions with generating enrollment for all College programs offered at BHU. Given the diverse background of the student population of BHU, the ideal candidate will thrive in assisting both domestic and international students through the enrollment process.
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for welcoming all prospective students by assisting them through the enrollment process, which includes but is not limited to: providing information on admission requirements, processing paperwork, maintaining accurate records, conducting ongoing follow up communication and ensuring the timely processing of all documents and work flows related to the Admissions Office. This position works directly with the Director of Admissions to execute the overall duties associated with the admissions office. This position requires coordination with the Director of Admissions to guiding students through the admission process, assisting with both inside and outside student recruiting activities, conducting weekly reports on enrollment standings, and assisting F-1 students on academic and visa related matters.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provides excellent customer service to constituents—students, faculty/staff, and off campus entities.
- Provides students with a variety of information resources including, but not limited to, college catalogs, course/program selection guides, financial aid information, and referrals to campus Student Success Center.
- Prepare application files for director evaluation by organizing materials, reviewing for completion, documenting the results in the database, and notifying the applicant of any missing materials.
- Provide ongoing follow up and communication to encourage prospective students to make an informed decision about enrolling at BHU
- Serve as Designated School Official (DSO) and provide support to all F1 international students with regards to academic and visa related issues
- Proactively engage the incoming new student body to successful completion of the admissions.
- Advise admitted applicants on pre-enrollment matters (both academic and non-academic) and refer them to the appropriate resource, if necessary.
- Plan, coordinate, participate in, and/or provide administrative support to recruiting events and activities as necessary.
- Associate degree is required.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident of the US to meet the qualifications as a Designated School Official (DSO) with SEVIS
- The successful candidate must have 2-3 years’ experience in higher education, sales, or customer service.
- Must be willing to work evening hours and weekend hours at times. Travel to local campus extension sites in Albany, Columbus, Marietta, and Duluth.
- Must have a heart for adult students, international students, understand the incorporation of faith and learning, and have exceptional customer service, communication, and computer information system skills.
Applicants must fully support the Beulah Heights University’s: Vision, Mission, and Statement of Faith found at http://beulah.edu/page.aspx?pid=344
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education, or ministry is preferred.
- Admissions experience. Previous experience with international students is a plus
- Experience with SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System)
- A high competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Database management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population in multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Solid working knowledge of computer technology and software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capacity to represent the College in a public setting in a professional manner.
- Deep commitment to confidentiality and operates with the highest level of integrity
- Values relationship and is committed to the mission of Beulah Heights University
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 References
- Statement of Personal Faith