Development Director, Walk MS
- Experience Level
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a national non-profit that exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. When you join our team you have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Development Director, Walk MS leading the fundraising and engagement for Bike MS in the Los Angeles market.
The Development Director, Walk MS is responsible for the overall implementation of the operational plan for Walk MS events in the territory in order to meet or exceed revenue and engagement goals. This position reports to the Sr Director, Walk MS and will lead ~3 direct reports.
This position leads fundraising and engagement efforts for Walk MS in the territory providing leadership and direction that engages market leads, local staff, key volunteers and board members to reach revenue goals. In addition, this position is part of a Walk MS team who implements the fundraising, recruitment and cultivation strategies for Walk MS and will work closely with the logistics team assigned to the territory.
- Accelerates revenue growth by ensuring each Walk MS market has a strong operational plan following Society strategies focused on acquisition, retention and cultivation of top fundraisers, teams, participants, sponsors, etc.
- Ensures that fundraising strategies are understood by market staff and that the staff is achieving its goals as defined in the operational plan.
- Coaches, develops and directly supervises a team of approximately 2-4 development leadership professionals responsible for executing the plan and outcomes in their portfolio of events.
- Works in collaboration with Senior Director, Walk MS, Development leadership and the local leadership team in the relationship management strategy for fundraisers at all levels, teams, team captain, corporate partners and volunteers.
- Working with the Senior Director, Walk MS to engage presidents in the Walk MS budgeted revenue discussion, revenue growth assessment and the planning process.
- Cultivates relationships with local market staff including presidents' in the assigned event revenue portfolio. Frequently communicates with the local staff including presidents to: ensure effective execution of the campaign in each market, assess volunteer engagement opportunities, and discuss corporate development opportunities.
- Works in collaboration with the Senior Director, Walk MS to ensure an effective Walk MS fundraising staff structure is in place for each market based on budgeted revenue and growth potential. As needed, reallocates staff throughout the assigned event revenue portfolio to maximize capacity and resources.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director, Walk MS builds strong and balanced participant portfolios for each Walk MS staff member. The portfolios will include teams, top fundraisers, participants, sponsors, volunteers, etc.
- Responsible for hiring and training Walk MS market staff in the assigned event revenue portfolio.
- Identifies, develops and grows staff capacity (skills and talents) to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
- Ensures staff behaviors are aligned with Society Operating Principles; provides timely feedback and coaching to improve performance and behaviors.
Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio
- Increases the number of Society volunteers focused on Walk MS by recognizing and recruiting talent
- Engages volunteers through meaningful and impactful work that is well defined and structured by employing the strategies, tools and resources in their local market. Identifies, develops and grows volunteer capacity (skills and talents) to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
- Ensures volunteer behaviors are aligned with Society Operating Principles; provide timely feedback and coaching to improve performance and behaviors.
- Ensures that volunteers are fueling the success and expanding the capacity by coaching to and assisting staff with building action-oriented volunteer leadership committees for fundraising (acquisition of sponsors, teams and participants) and event experience (the quality of the experience a participant has from the time they register through completion of the event) that will be led by the market Walk MS staff.
- Cultivates volunteers, seeks and provides feedback and shares opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.
Provides Leadership and expertise as part of the Walk MS Team responsible for achieving revenue goals
- Ensures communication and integration of strategies within each market in the assigned event revenue portfolio.
- Ensures the strategies, resources and tools created by the marketing, relationship development and event experience teams are deployed in each market to drive revenue and registration.
- Collaborates with other market based revenue channel leaders and the president/REVP to provide a unified and consistent experience for sponsors, participants, donors and volunteers that are shared between revenue channels.
- Bridges corporate and volunteer relationships to other markets where new teams and be seeded and additional sponsorship and be realized.
- Is an active member of the Strategy 6: Resource and Revenue Growth Team.
- Provides supervision to the market staff for assigned events
- Ensures communication and integration between the development team and other revenue channels in their market
- Working closely with the local logistics, services teams to fully engage and mobilize the MS community.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science preferably in Non-profit management, PR, Communications, Marketing and/or Business background preferred but not required depending on experience.
- 10 years of direct experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- At least 7 years of development and/or sales experience including 2 years in a supervisory position
- Demonstrated ability in strategic planning, fundraising, budgeting and analytics to drive measurable results and focus resources on work that will excel revenue growth.
- Ability to manage staff and volunteers while deepening relationships and creating trust.
- Experience in creating and delivering organization initiatives involving significant revenue amounts
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and lead others through complex situations
- Strong relationship and communication skills to provide leadership to a large number of staff and constituents.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Reporting tools (Metrics that Matter or similar reporting software).
- Knowledge and ability to use Society technology platforms including Blackbaud, GoTo Meeting etc.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.