- Experience Level
UsAgainstAlzheimer’s, a national nonprofit organization committed to accelerating progress toward a cure for Alzheimer’s, is seeking a Development Associate to conduct the daily operations of the organization’s development program. The Development Associate reports to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and will play a key role in the overall development strategy to reach revenue goals. This individual must be detail oriented, be familiar with planning successful special events, possess strong oral and written communication skills, be highly proficient with donor database record keeping, and have experience working with staff and volunteers alike. This is a full-time position. The Development Office for UsA2 is located in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the day-to-day logistics of development team process and activities
- Schedules and manages development team meetings, events and meetings with potential donors
- Creates and distributes agenda for weekly development meeting
- Develops and maintains donor prospect lists for individuals, corporations and foundations
- Ensures that materials, reports and general information is regularly updated and appropriately distributed as needed
- Coordinates production and mailing of appeal letters and communications with donors
- Manages donor database by tracking donations, prospects, pledges and ensures donor records are updated regularly
- Prepares donor reports as requested
In addition, this person will be asked to:
- Coordinate special events from start to finish
- Help identify and support the solicitation of new donors
- Assist in writing letters, grants and funding requests for funding opportunities
- Oversee the development budget to ensure contributions are recorded properly
- Serve as main point of contact for donor questions and requests
- Ensure donor benefits and funding obligations are fulfilled by organization
- Perform other duties as assigned by CDO
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to work with limited or direct supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with other staff, donors, volunteers and the general public
- Creativity to come up with new and innovative ideas to streamline work
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask and strong communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Powerpoint and MS Excel
- Willingness to learn
- Flexibility in taking on new assignments
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work
Education and Experience
Successful candidates should possess and Bachelor’s Degree or clearly documented background that indicates successful development work of at least five years.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Event Planning Youth Development $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Technology / Data Management Youth Development $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.