- Experience Level
The Presidio Trust is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to serve as a key member of our Communications team at the Presidio of San Francisco – a 1,500 acre national park with a richly layered history; landscapes that includes wildlife, native plants, historic military buildings animated by more than 3,000 residents and 200 companies; and offers visitors some of the most iconic views of the San Francisco Bay. As part of the Presidio Trust, an innovative federal agency created to save the Presidio of San Francisco as a park and share this space with the public, the Communications Division supports the process of developing, monitoring, and evolving the organizations strategic vision – communicating a broad invitation for the public to discover and enjoy this unique American resource. Learn more at www.presidio.gov.
Our ideal candidate is a detail-oriented marketing planner with experience creating clear processes and producing analytics to support cross-functional teams and initiatives. You’re metric-oriented and a digital expert, highly capable of guiding external campaign tactics in support of business goals. You are an excellent collaborator and know how to bring together many partners to work toward unified marketing programs.
Applications received by January 13, 2019 will receive first consideration. Along with sample writing assignments, we are planning to hold the first round of interviews beginning the week of January 28th, the second round of interviews beginning the week of February 4th, the third round of interviews the week of February 11th, make a job offer before the end of February, and set a work start date in March, 2019.
- Under the direction of the Associate Director of External Affairs, develop external communications and coordinate with project teams for major building projects (Tunnel Tops, etc) and other selected Trust initiatives.
- Act as the “communications brain” of a project, understanding the full communications opportunities and challenges of a project, how the communications team will deliver on the project, as well as the communications needs of the project team.
- Provide backbone infrastructure for communications coordination between project team and key partners including but not limited to managing development of communications project charters, protocols, integrated marketing communications plans, tactical execution, budget, and project coordination.
- Define key audiences necessary for the success of the project, and develop integrated communications strategies with defined goals, objectives, strategies, tactics, timelines and budget.
- Execute internal and external roll-out of visitor marketing and outreach campaigns, including management of executional plans and deadlines inclusive of social media buying and placement, media partners, tradeshows, events, roadshows, promotions, advertising, etc.
- Under the direction of the Associate Director of external affairs, allocate tasks to the communications team, and ensure on-time delivery.
- Ensure project communications with external audiences are funneled through the Communications Division.
- Control communications project scope for the project, ensuring on-time and in-budget delivery of projects.
- Assess and measure return on investment for programs and report out to project team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations or related field AND at least 5 years of project/account management using integrated marketing communications practices (national agency experience preferred).
- Strong working knowledge and expertise of the marketing process, tools, and deliverables including the latest practices in integrated marketing, media, digital, social media, advertising, email marketing, and sponsorship.
- Proven leadership on working on complex projects including multiple partners with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Expertise in marketing analytics and metrics reporting.
- Superior, persuasive, and clear writing skills.
- Superior communications skills including message development, writing, editing, presenting, and relationship management.
- Ability to think strategically, multi-task, attend to detail and deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Skill and proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with email marketing, social media, and marketing reporting tools.
- Proven leadership in managing communications for large building projects with multiple partners and communications peers
- Project management master with expertise in setting goals, tracking progress, and motivating delivery team within budget and scope
- Strategic marketing communications skillful in developing measurable integrated marketing communications plans that exceed expectations
- Track record of utilizing latest marketing communications tactics to achieve communications goals
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio
- Knowledge of Bay Area media; local community and business leaders/influencers; as well as San Francisco neighborhoods and politics is a plus.
- Bi-lingual in Cantonese, Mandarin, or Spanish highly desirable.
About the Communications Team
The Communications team attracts and welcomes visitors to the Presidio through innovative communications and marketing efforts, facilitates the strategic planning process, crafts the Presidio's narrative, offers an invitation to the public using many tools and channels, and solicits feedback to help the organization continuously improve its offerings to the public. In 2017 Sunset Magazine recognized the Presidio as “the most popular destination in the national parks network.”
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to a standard employment background investigation without a credit report, which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records. An individual’s granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary, however, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of the investigation. The Trust may refuse to hire an individual, rescind an offer of employment, or review and terminate the employment of a current employee who does not successfully complete a background investigation.
The Presidio Trust is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive benefits package. To apply call (415) 561-5300 (Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5 pm) to request an application package, OR download the application from our website, www.presidio.gov, and mail the application to Employee Support Services, Presidio Trust, P.O. Box 29052, San Francisco, CA 94129-0052.