- Experience Level
We’re looking for an Executive Assistant!
What will you do? In close partnership with the JVS Board of Directors, the Executive Management Team is responsible for the successful achievement of the JVS mission, strategy and goals. You will provide administrative and compliance support to our Board of Directors and Executive Team. You will provide direct support to our Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Program Officer (CPO) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in nonprofit management.
What do we need from our applicants? A passion for the JVS mission, and:
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects in a very fast-paced, performance-oriented environment; meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (WORD, EXCEL, Outlook, PowerPoint); it is helpful if you are also comfortable with relational databases, OneNote, Google Drive
- A learning mindset and commitment to learning new tasks and systems
- Self-starter with strong independent judgment, discretion and problem solving abilities; ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team, and to stay focused under pressure
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to write and edit communications for donors and volunteers using appropriate grammar and spelling
- Strong interpersonal skills including patience, flexibility, discretion and tact
- Model professional presentation/behavior, exercising discretion and confidentiality
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as development or administrative assistant, preferably in a nonprofit or educational setting working with executive staff and board of directors
It would also be helpful if you have:
- Experience using mail merge function in Word. Understanding of sorting, formatting and producing reports in Excel
- Interest in nonprofit management, board governance and/or public policy
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and/or equivalent work experience
Want to Apply? Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com; Please use Executive Assistant in the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Culturally and racially diverse applicants encouraged to apply. Please let us know if you need accommodations or auxiliary aids for the interview process.
Are there benefits? This is a full-time, non-exempt position eligible for benefits, which include, but are not limited to: medical, dental, vision, 403B, four weeks of vacation, sick leave, most federal and Jewish holidays.
Compensation: The range for this position is 50-60K, Depending on Experience
Who are we? Founded in 1973, Jewish Vocational Service (JVS) transforms lives by helping people build skills and find jobs to achieve self-sufficiency. JVS is a non-sectarian, nonprofit organization. For more information about the agency, and a full job description for this position, please visit our website at jvs.org.