Donor Services and Membership Manager
- Degree Level
Position: Donor Services and Membership Manager
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
The Piedmont Park Conservancy, a nonprofit organization, is a member and donor-funded organization working in partnership with the city of Atlanta to fulfill its mission: to enhance and preserve Piedmont Park as a vital, urban green space, and as a cultural and recreational resource that enriches the quality of life for all Atlantans. Since 1989, over $66 million has been invested into Piedmont Park through capital improvements raised by the Conservancy. Today, the Conservancy requires over $3 million dollars in donations every year in order to manage and enhance Piedmont Park and its programs.
Position Overview: The Donor Services and Membership Manager is responsible for implementing a comprehensive membership program and meeting strategic goals for membership fundraising and programming. This position works closely with the Chief Development Officer to execute aspects of the program, including membership renewals, upgrades, appeals, new member acquisition, data analysis and donor stewardship. The position is also responsible for managing and supporting the day-to-day database needs of the Development Department, and assisting with Department meetings and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Membership and Events
- Oversee all aspects of the individual membership program including fulfilment of benefits, communication, and events schedule.
- Assist the CDO with the individual and corporate strategy by maintaining database, revenue tracking, reports and special mailings.
- Work with the CDO to design and develop membership drives' themes, hard copy and electronic messaging to recruit and retain new members.
- Manage monthly renewal process including appeals and follow up strategies.
- Interact with donors, volunteers, Conservancy members at meetings.
- Be adept at handling donor questions and assist with stewardship initiatives.
- Maintain relationships with donors, volunteer and members.
- Promote the mission and advocate for the Conservancy with appropriate communications to donors, committee members, and other members of the community.
- Coordinate the commemorative program.
- Responsible for Dog Park bone purchases and sponsorships.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on content for newsletter and social media posts as it relates to membership.
- Coordinate and assist with logistics for special events.
- Oversee event registration, seating, collection of auction items, and additional coordination as needed.
- Share staffing responsibilities of a membership table at night and weekend events.
- Responsible for gift entry in eTapestry, coding, and generation of acknowledgements, required filing and electronic archiving of supporting documentation.
- Build and run unique queries, exports, analysis, reports, appeal lists and electronic mailing lists for development and mailing purposes.
- Handle internal direct mail and email solicitations to donors and corporate partners.
- Manage the donor database including clean up, updates, queries, renewals, appeals and mailings.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Outstanding analytical, creative and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent user of office technology and information systems (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and donor databases, preferably eTapestry or Raiser’s Edge.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Team player with strong relationship building skills.
- Strict adherence to ethical and confidentiality guidelines.
- 2 – 3 plus years of fundraising experience preferred.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Stacey Sapp at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE