Bilingual Therapeutic Caregiver
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Bilingual Therapeutic Caregiver is responsible through supervision and skill for providing a safe, playful and therapeutic environment for children at the Playroom. This position reports to the Playroom Coordinator.
- Care for children ranging from 0-12 years old utilizing non-directive play, art media, and dramatic play to support the children’s social, emotional and physical development.
- Provide for children’s basic needs while in care including but not limited to changing diapers, preparing meals and feeding, as well as maintaining a clean and safe Playroom environment.
- Facilitate developmental growth for children by identifying developmental concerns and helping children to improve peer relationships, regulate emotions, and express their needs appropriately.
- Work with children individually and in groups.
- Administer standardized assessment tools that measure children’s developmental growth.
- Develop and implement service plans based on assessment data.
- Participate in creating an environment where parents are assisted to create and experience shared positive emotions with each of their children.
- Support the parent/child relationship by helping parents with any concerns they might have in dealing with their child or parenting.
- Participate in planning and discussions around how best to support client families.
- Build supportive relationships with parents.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings; contribute observations concerning children to scheduled debriefings.
- Document children’s developmental progress and any concerns in the children’s behavior.
- Aid in coordination of Playroom and organizational activities with volunteers, staff members, and consultants.
- Required to work occasional weekend shifts over the year and assist at community events and with other outreach efforts.
- Providing Front Door Reception coverage when needed
- Enter Efforts To Outcome data for Playroom when required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Child Development, Psychology, Social work, or 4 years of equivalent work with children required.
- Proficiency in Spanish or Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin) required.
- Previous experience working with children establishing and maintaining a fun and safe environment required.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment required.
- Ability to work with and sensitivity to the needs of diverse ethnic and cultural staff and
- client population.
- Ability to support parent/child relationships.
- Ability to be flexible, punctual and reliable.
- Basic computer skills required: word processing and internet search capabilities.
- Full-time (40 hours per week). Core hours: Monday – Thursday, 11:00-7:00pm; Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm. Schedule can vary month to month or on an as needed basis.
- Position must pass fingerprinting requirement and will be reference checked.
- Typical Working Conditions: Combination of child care setting and standard office environment. Working with children includes activity indoors and outdoors, cooking, cleaning, diaper changes, contact with bodily fluids.
- Equipment Used: Computer, phone, fax, copier, kitchen appliances.
- Essential Physical Tasks: Position requires ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Extensive sitting, bending, running and playing with children is expected in this position.
Safe & Sound is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a detailed cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.