- Position Type
- Full Time
The Development Associate is responsible for supporting the efficient, fast-paced Development team made up of the Chief Development Officer, Communications & Development Manager, Individual Giving Officer, Grants Manager, and Volunteer & Community Engagement Manager. This includes maintaining and managing the donor database (Raiser’s Edge), communicating with donors and prospects, preparing and mailing annual mail appeals, tracking grant deadlines and action items, and generating reports and other development collateral and events. The Development Associate reports to the Communications & Development Manager.
The primary role of the Development Associate is to support the efficient and effective internal day to day functioning of the Development Department. Responsibilities include:
Collecting and Acknowledging Donations
- Record all donations and send acknowledgements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure proper donor recognition and provide accurate donor lists for publications.
- Research and maintain files on prospective foundation and corporate grantors. Make recommendations based on research conducted.
- Reconcile donor database with Finance regularly.
- Manage creation of pledge reminders and appropriate follow up.
Data Maintenance, Management and Reporting
- Maintain accurate database tracking of fundraising progress (annual and campaign).
- Provide monthly revenue data to the Finance Department and ensure that all data is reconciled and all audit information is provided.
- Provide information for the budget forecast, dashboard and other financial information (such as cash forecasts) as well as cross departmental coordination with Finance.
- Generate reports in support of donor cultivation and stewardship activities.
- Assist Individual Giving Officer (IGO) with providing detailed prospect reports for solicitors.
- Provide inputs to Safe & Sound’s budget and forecast processes.
- Work collaboratively with the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) to create reports and reconcile finances for the annual audit and self-assessment processes and resolve any issues highlighted.
- Work with CDO and IGO to manage revenue projection and expense budget, as well as pledges and pledge fulfillment.
- Work with the CDO to provide data relating to current donors and prospects in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Provide accurate and timely data for summer and end of year appeals to ensure deadlines and fundraising goals are met.
- Work with Volunteer & Community Engagement Manager (VCEM) to maintain and update volunteer database as needed.
- Working with the CDO, identify new technology, systems, and software upgrades that will advance the goals of the Development Department.
- Provide or coordinate training in new systems and technology adopted by the Development Department or the organization.
- Regularly update and produce donor solicitation packets and collateral.
- General office tasks including filing, copying, and compiling documents.
- Collect and record team receipts for reimbursements.
- Coordinate room scheduling for team meetings.
- Assist with collating, printing, and proofing printed materials; as well as working with volunteers to assemble pieces for annual mail appeals (Fall and End of Year) and other mailings.
- Handle some writing and social media related tasks, such as proofing and drafting letters/emails and posting to Safe & Sound’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages.
- Maintain, track and order inventory of supplies, including business system, event supplies, etc.
Work closely with Communications & Development Manager and IGO to provide support for donor related events (Annual Blue Ribbon Luncheon, Pinwheel Party, donor house parties, site visits, donor tours). Activities include:
- Manage the guest list and seating documents.
- Manage communication with vendors.
- Manage RSVP guest lists.
- Communicate with hosts, vendors, and donors.
- Maintain event budgets (both revenue and expenses).
- Work with Communications & Development Manager to produce event collateral.
- Take a lead role in day-of support with event set-up, volunteer management, and guest registration.
- Participate in fundraising planning meetings, staff meetings and events.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding of fundraising principles and proven basic fundraising skills specific to supporting individual, foundation, corporate and major donor cultivation.
- Solid writing and editing skills.
- Database experience including donor databases such as Raiser’s Edge, Excel spreadsheets, recording and maintaining electronic files, and running reports.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to meet strict deadlines and to carry out complex and technical assignments with careful attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe.
- Proactive team player with the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities while maintaining a sense of humor.
- Full time (40 hours per week)
- Hours depend upon specific need and may change
- Non-Exempt (i.e. hourly paid)
- Based at 1757 Waller St
- Typical Working Conditions: Heavy keyboard work
- Equipment Used: Computer, phone, fax, copier
- Essential Physical Tasks: Light lifting required, including lifting of children up to 50 pounds; keyboarding; answering phones; traveling within the neighborhood and occasionally to our Bayview site (3450 3rd St).
Safe &Sound is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a detailed cover letter to Shannon Cogen, Chief
Development Officer, at Shannon.Cogen@safeandsound.org.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Development / Fundraising Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Event Planning Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Technology / Data Management Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco