Special Events Coordinator
- Experience Level
CURE Childhood Cancer is seeking an experienced individual to serve as Special Events Coordinator. The successful candidate will join a well-respected and collegial team and will contribute to the mission of the organization, which is to conquer childhood cancer through funding targeted research while supporting patients and their families.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Special Events Manager, this individual will provide broad support for CURE Childhood Cancer signature events and third party events, including helping with event logistics, managing silent auctions, working with volunteer committees and providing administrative support.
The Special Events Coordinator must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and a deep understanding of donor-centered communications. The Special Events Coordinator must also be able to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines while exuding a positive attitude.
- Provide support to the Special Events Manager, including extensive administrative tasks;
- Coordinate and manage volunteer auction committees for events including Spring Fever, Believe Ball and A Tribute to Our Quiet Heroes silent auctions;
- Solicit donations, create packages, manage auction technology platform, track items, maintain donor records, acknowledge and recognize donors and produce needed reports;
- Facilitate in-kind donation pick-ups for all special events;
- Assist Special Events Manager with guest management;
- Provide on-site event management;
- Assist with volunteer coordination and management;
- Independently manage third party events and serve as key relationship manager;
- Attend and represent CURE at applicable third party events throughout the year;
- Identify, cultivate and steward third party donors;
- Develop and implement third party stewardship plan;
- Perform all other job-related responsibilities and duties as required by Board of Directors, Executive Director and/or Special Events Manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in development and revenue-generating special events preferred;
- Experience in managing silent auctions;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines effectively;
- Superior organizational skills and strict attention to detail a must;
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and apply sound judgment when dealing with committees, donors and volunteers;
- Willingness to take initiative and awareness of when to consult supervisor for direction;
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately;
- Knowledge of basic fundraising principles and practices;
- Experience with public speaking;
- Good communication skills and a collaborative work ethic;
- Ability to function well within a team-oriented atmosphere and with a sense of humor;
- A strong belief in the organization's mission, goals and accomplishments;
- Ability to represent CURE Childhood Cancer in a mature and professional manner;
- Must be able to travel through expanded Atlanta metropolitan area and provide reliable transportation.
***Submission must include a cover letter. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.