Donor Services and Database Coordinator
- Position Type
- Full Time
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, Shepherd Center is a private, not-for-profit 152-bed hospital specializing in medical treatment, research and rehabilitation for people with spinal cord injury, brain injury, multiple sclerosis, spine and chronic pain, and other neuromuscular conditions. Shepherd Center has been recognized once again as one of the top 10 rehabilitation hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report in their 2018-2019 Best Hospitals ranking and also in the top 100 Great Places to Work in Atlanta as determined by the Atlanta Business Chronicle. We have a compassionate and fun culture, and seek employees who want the same for patients and their families, caregivers, and co-workers. Shepherd teams are self-motivated and directed, learn and apply knowledge quickly, are proficient and timely in organizing and completing multiple tasks and projects, have effective and appropriate communication skills in all interactions, and consistently demonstrate proficiency in their area(s) of expertise.
Responsibilities of the Donor Services Coordinator include:
• Gift processing and acknowledgement, processing tribute notifications, creating donor lists, mailing lists and reports from The Raiser’s Edge CRM.
• Interacting with internal and external customers ranging from foundations and corporate donors, individual donors, board members, gift officers, financial services staff and external auditors.
• Maintaining constituent information in the Foundation donor and accounting database, assuring accuracy and consistency of entry and revisions.
• Performing daily data input, edits and posting of all daily contributions, tax receipting and donor correspondence.
• Developing and producing analytical reports for leadership, gift officers and fundraising committees.
• Liaisons with Hospital Director of Accounting and external auditors to properly process, document, and record accounting entries in donor database and hard copy files.
• Professional, friendly and courteous demeanor.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Outstanding customer service skills -- written and verbal.
• Exceptional knowledge and skills with general office practices and procedures.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years Raiser's Edge or similar CRM/donor database experience preferred.
Shepherd Center is a high-performing organization that offers rewarding careers, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, a diverse workplace culture, enlightened leadership and professional growth opportunities. Please tell us about yourself by completing an application to join us at this great place to work!
Visit Shepherd.org/employment to learn more!