Senior Philanthropy Advisor
- Experience Level
As Chattanooga’s philanthropic backbone, we believe that a connected community changes everything, and lead the community to overcome barriers to economic opportunities and social growth. We passionately and boldly unite individuals, nonprofits, the faith community, corporate world and governmental bodies to ensure that resources are wisely invested, so that all in our 6-county service area may know and achieve their fullest potential. Inspired by new and unique opportunities to further serve others – such as our Bold Plays initiative – and led by a CEO with deep community respect and vision, the UWGC is both re-inventing its image and truly becoming a model nonprofit organization for our times: collaborative, solutions-based, and responsive.
Who we desire:
The Senior Philanthropy Advisor is a passionate fundraiser, eager to facilitate and maximize connections between our growing donor and prospect community and the impacts the United Way pursues. We desire someone “born to fundraise,” with an engaging interpersonal style who is passionate about building the culture of philanthropy to United Way in our community. You will bring more than just passion for our mission, though; you will also come with proven results in donor moves management and metric production, and being a well-respected colleague who can foster productive, healthy relationships with those you work for and alongside. You will be responsible for executing on the Philanthropy team’s charge of remarkable donor engagement and fundraising innovation. You will create and implement philanthropy strategies properly aligned with our brand, messaging and values in ways that compel our donors to action. Finally, you are emotionally and culturally intelligent, socially aware, able to be “on” in the community even outside of work hours, and naturally able to relate to others and build mutually-beneficial relationships.
You are unquestionably:
- Mission-focused and results driven. You’re committed to doing your part to strengthen one of the world’s most iconic philanthropic and community brands in our area, and infusing your efforts and style to assist in our vision to truly connect all community and break down barriers to economic and social prosperity. You’re focused, with your teammates, on driving toward a common goal and don’t shy away from challenges as you work toward raising the bar and greater results for your production.
- A fundraiser capable of inspiring donors. You recognize that there is both “art” and “science” in fund development, and you can quickly innovate and adapt when needed to ensure we’re continuously moving toward achieving our philanthropy goals. When you speak, donors listen. What’s more, you listen when donors speak.
- A strong strategic thinker. You thrive on solving complex problems – you understand and analyze their root causes quickly and can stay focused the big picture by quickly developing and moving toward new solutions.
- An authentic colleague. You know it takes a thriving, cross-talented team to achieve results and you’ll leverage and connect with your teammates to maximize impact.
- A clear communicator. You have an ability to listen actively and communicate professionally with a wide range of constituents both internally and externally. You can influence decision-makers toward actions benefiting our goals.
- Technologically savvy. You’re proficient in the use of computer software and fundraising software relevant to your work.
Among other things, you will:
- Help to own, and play a leading role in implementing, a comprehensive, actionable Philanthropic Engagement & Production plan that guides your unit’s strategies and tactics.
- Provide both leadership and implementation effort of UWGC’s leadership giving, rising major gifts, donor cultivation and stewardship and special events to support philanthropy goals.
- Be excited by moving donors through the continuum of increased engagement in all its forms, including your capability of closing 4-6 figure gifts and deals to ignite our mission, especially with transformative initiatives such as our Bold Plays and other targeted campaigns.
- Maintain a portfolio of Leadership and Tocqueville donors and prospects; develop engagement plans for each key donor and prospect, and involve leadership and others as necessary to ensure healthy donor relationships.
- Build a strong bond with Resource Development & Community Impact colleagues, creating a true and lasting “marriage” between resource development and program teams.
- Ensure that all philanthropy strategies and tactics work hand-in-hand to produce a cohesive message and prominent UWGC brand within our service area.
- Be an inspiring communicator, capable of speaking publicly on behalf of UWGC and advocating our mission and opportunities for support.
- Represent UWGC in the community and appear at events that support UWGC’s individual fundraising goals.
- Provide critical fundraising insight and strategic support to the President, Vice President of Philanthropy, Board of Directors, and external partners as necessary.
- Ensure effective and consistent use of our contact management system (Andar).
You’ll need to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible work experience in non-profit fundraising, business development or sales
- Community-based development experience preferred
- A proven track record in closing gifts from individuals
- A record of success driving and sustaining a change in an organization’s cultural performance; experience retaining donors/clients/customers and expanding a revenue base
- Excellent interpersonal skills that are apparent from our first meeting
- A collaborative and flexible style, team player who is driven to serve others
Learn more: http://www.uwchatt.org
This position is located in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Compensation is commensurate with experience and abilities.