Licensed Clinical Social Worker- Assistant Director of Outreach
6 days left
- Experience Level
Intown Collaborative Ministries is seeking applicants with a license in clinical social work to be its full-time Assistant Director for its homeless outreach program. Intown is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a mission to prevent and reverse homelessness and hunger in Intown Atlanta. Since its founding in 2010, Intown has grown to be a leader in homeless outreach and food security in the Atlanta community. Intown’s homeless outreach program is guided by a Housing First philosophy and has grown to be the most effective team in the City of Atlanta. The Assistant Director of Outreach will join an experienced, successful, and energetic team of four current full-time staff. Intown has received significant new funding to add five additional full-time staff, bringing the total outreach staff total to nine.
The Assistant Director will supervise seven outreach workers alongside the Director of Outreach towards the program goals of engaging, assessing, enrolling, and navigating people experiencing chronic homelessness from the streets to permanent housing with needed supports. This detail-oriented person will report to the Director of Outreach and work in close collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Clinical License—Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- 1-3 years working in homeless services is required
- 1-3 years working in the mental/behavioral health and/or substance abuse field is required
- 3-5 years as a supervisor is required
- Certification in Addiction Counseling is a plus
- Proficiency with Client Track or another HMIS is preferred
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency are required
- Experience with Housing First, client-centered care is required
- A passion for connecting with people experiencing chronic homelessness—who are often “service resistant”—is a must
- Co-lead, with Director of Outreach, Intown’s 9-person homeless outreach team
- Co-supervise, with Director of Outreach, seven direct reports—two lead case managers, one peer specialist, and four case managers. Director will provide program supervision and Asst. Director will provide clinical supervision
- Perform clinical assessments/mental health evaluations of people experiencing chronic homelessness and complete the HUD McKinney Disability Verification Form
- Provide monthly supervision to case managers and peer specialist
- Facilitate staff in setting, progressing towards, and achieving SMART goals for their work
- Coordinate with Director of Outreach to provide program data from case managers and peer specialist for monthly reports
- Monitor intakes, outreach activities, and navigation work of case managers and peer specialist.
- Accompany case managers out into the field for assessments and crisis interventions for people experiencing severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI)
- Coordinate with Director of Outreach, Partners for Home, the Atlanta Continuum of Care, the City of Atlanta, concerned neighbors, and other agencies to identify potential outreach sites
- Continue to help Intown build strategic partnerships with healthcare and other service providers in metro Atlanta to better serve people experiencing chronic homelessness
- Conduct regular case conferences with case managers and peer specialist to assist clients in overcoming barriers to reach their housing and other life goals
- Coordinate leave and human resources matters for case managers and peer specialist
- Participate in the Atlanta Continuum of Care (COC) Coordinated Entry and Outreach Committee
- Participate in annual COC Point in Time (PIT) count
The Assistant Director of Outreach position is a grant-funded position that is renewable based on performance and community need. Intown fully expects the program to be renewed through at least the end of 2021.
The Assistant Director of Outreach position is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. Most work will take place during normal business hours (between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) but will also include some evening, early morning, and possible on-call evening hours. There is some flexibility in start- and end-time and possible administrative work-from-home days.
As the outreach work will span the entirety of the City of Atlanta, the Assistant Director of Outreach will travel regularly to and from Intown’s Lavista Park or Virginia Highland neighborhood offices in personal and/or agency vehicles. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, their own personal vehicle, and a clean driving record. Intown will reimburse mileage at the federal mileage rate.
The Assistant Director of Outreach will report to the Director of Outreach. Supervision will take place regularly during normal business hours.
Total compensation is $50,000 - $60,000 and includes generous personal leave, 12 holiday days, and one artistic-day per year, where staff pursue personal artistic endeavors. Intown's compensation includes funds that can be used for healthcare or other benefits.
Applicants MUST BE AN LCSW. Qualified candidates should submit 1) a cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) contact information for three references (including the context in which they know you) in Word or PDF format to Brad Schweers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications received by January 18, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. EST and including all requested information will be considered. Candidates are encouraged to apply promptly. No phone calls please. Please put “Intown Assistant Director of Outreach” and nothing else in the subject line.
Intown considers applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.