- Experience Level
THE ORGANIZATION: Camp Kudzu educates, empowers and inspires children living with type 1 diabetes. The organization conducts some of the largest and most well-respected diabetes camping programs in the United States, primarily devoted to Georgia’s children, teens and families. Year-round activities and events take place to foster a sense of community and for fund-raising purposes.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS: The Development Manager is an integral part of the Camp Kudzu team. Under the supervision of the Director of Development she/he will fill an important role and provide important financial resources by managing special events including the Annual Benefits Luncheon or Dinner and Kudzu Cup Fore! Kids Golf Tournament. The Development Manager is also responsible for facilitating external Third-Party events and working with leadership and volunteers to establish a third organizational event. In addition, the Development Manager plays a leadership role in managing mailings and the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) and enforcing data entry policies. The Development Manager will also support the Director of Development in high level development functions such as: Planned Giving, Campaigns, Camp Kudzu’s 20th Anniversary, etc. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and possess excellent interpersonal skills for interaction with committee members, prospective contributors, and volunteers.
TEAM MEMBERS: Executive Director, Director of Development, Development & Program Staff
- Responsible for the successful implementation of the Annual Benefit Luncheon and the Kudzu Cup Fore! Kids Golf Tournament including:
- Work closely with committee chairs
- Recruitment and manage committee volunteers
- Plan and implement events
- Acquire financial resources in accordance with Camp Kudzu budget
- Develop and monitor event income and expense budgets
- Facilitate Camp Kudzu interests in Third-Party Events such as Ironing Man, Buttapalooza, A Taste of Tucker, Spin for Kids and community events
- Enforce Camp Kudzu Third-Party Event Agreements and provide brand guidance for event hosts
- Support marketing efforts of Third-Party Event Hosts
- Recruit additional Third-Party Event hosts to support Camp Kudzu budget
- Recruit corporate sponsors and coordinate Annual Vendor Days in conjunction with established camp schedules
Mailings/Appeals/Data Base Management/Account Reconciliation
- Execute annual fund campaign (spring and fall) under guidance of Director of Development
- Properly set coding to track appeal returns
- Properly code constituents for segmentation
- Assign and manage prospect assignments in Raiser’s Edge
- Ensure proper logging of gift receipts
- Manage Compass Society Gift Club Renewals, EFT Payments, and Pledges
- Manage Gift Entry, Acknowledgment, Renewals, and Recording processes working with the Development Associate
- Acknowledge gift receipts within one week
- Produce pledge reports and reminders
- Produce year-end tax reports
- Reconcile gifts with bookkeeper each month to ensure that Quickbooks/accounting software and Raiser’s Edge are in agreement
- Ensure that restriction gifts and pledge payments are properly processed
- Ensure that supporting documents are properly stored.
- Produce Weekly Giving Reports, Action and Research Reports from Raiser’s Edge
- Works with Director of Development and others to complete and submit grant proposals
- Tracks all grant funding including upcoming deadlines, submitted applications, and funded applications. Completes and submits all requiring reports and documentation for funders
- Track and prepare reporting to all grantors as required by grant
- Develop annual work plan and revenue goals
- Participate in donor prospecting, cultivation, stewardship and solicitation
- Collaborate with and provide regular updates to Director of Development
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Development and/or Executive Director
- Assist with all philanthropic communications for all communications channels
- Manage and track grant funds, grant calendar and coordinate grant requirements with the end user of funds. Facilitate all compliance related to grants
Qualifications: Qualified candidates will have a combination of experience and education and be adequately prepared to independently accomplish responsibilities as defined above.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in development field is required.
- Candidates must possess at least four years of successful event and Raiser’s Edge experience.
- They must possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication abilities, exceptional project and time management skills, fine attention to detail, exemplary organization skills, and the ability to work with committees and independently.
- Successful candidate must consent to a criminal background check as condition of employment.
- Occasional travel and lifting up to 30 pounds may be required.
Camp Kudzu, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/D/V