Family Center Coordinator
- Degree Level
MUST Ministries strives to be a servant leader caring annually for 30,000 neighbors in need in seven counties. Founded in 1971, MUST helps people in need break the cycle of poverty by providing comprehensive needs such as groceries, hot meals, school food pantries, employment services, housing, emergency shelter, programs supporting at-risk children, and clothing. With physical locations in Cobb and Cherokee and programs in other areas, MUST is a non-profit organization that provides services without regard to race or religious beliefs.
This position is responsible for coordinating daily activities for youth living in our homeless shelter including educational after school programs and weekend activities. Salary: $11.50/hr; 12.5 hours/wk
- Represent MUST Ministries in the most positive manner with clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interact effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and clients of our service, learns and uses operating practices of MUST Ministries.
- Uphold the Mission Statement: Serving our neighbors in need … transforming lives and communities in response to Christ's call.
- Handle all information with tact and discretion and recognize the confidential nature of MUST Ministries.
- Responsible for coordinating all Family Center activities
- Monitors students during activities in the Family Center
- Assists with student’s homework, assisting students/parents with navigating the internet for homework projects
- Assist parents with access to review student’s classroom grades online
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Plan and serve after school snacks
- Maintain center cleanliness and organization
- Performs related duties as required
- Associate’s Degree or High School Diploma with a minimum of 3 years experience in a child care or learning environment for youth
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Skill in handling difficult situations and upset individuals with tact, courtesy, and firmness
- Ability to identify students in need of assistance during after school hours
- Ability to establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with children and parents
- Experience working with diverse population.
- English/Spanish bilingual ability preferred
- Computer familiarity (Windows based, MS Word, Power Point, Excel or Google docs.)
Physical and Work Requirements:
- Requires standing, walking, lifting, and bending.
- Work is performed in a day service environment as well as other events.
- May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
Must Ministries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, qualified handicap or status as disabled or Vietnam era veteran or Iraq veteran or Afghanistan veteran. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.