- Experience Level
The District of Columbia Bar has an opening for a Director, Membership (DM). The DM directs the operations of the Membership Department and represents the first point of contact for member inquiries. The DM also provides support to other departments to ensure a positive and unified member message. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides day-to-day leadership, management, coaching, and mentoring to direct reports.
- Oversees departmental operations and ensures procedures comply with the rules and bylaws governing the D.C. Bar. Effectively communicates the applicable rules and bylaws.
- Leads the ongoing shift to online customer self-service through available technology platforms for license management and official Bar communications.
- Manages the annual license renewal process for all D.C. Bar attorneys. Develops and deploys strategies to reduce member attrition and increase member engagement and awareness through strategic outreach campaigns.
- Serves as an organizational expert on membership demographics, trends, and insights. Advises other departments and the D.C. Bar Executive Team on initiatives and potential impact on membership.
- Analyzes membership and departmental data to identify process improvements and increase member satisfaction.
- Leverages data to inform decision makers and to developing special membership-focused initiatives. Identifies opportunities to increase non-dues revenue through the expansion of the member benefits program. Maintains and develops relationships with member affinity partners.
- Oversees membership components of the Association Management System (AMS) to ensure the integrity of member records.
- Collaborates with the Information Technology Division to ensure data integrity and efficient AMS operations.
- Serves as the liaison to the District of Columbia Court of Appeals Committee on Admissions on matters relating to applicants for admission to the D.C. Bar.
- Acts as the liaison between members and staff in solving escalated member issues and concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university in business administration or related field and eight or more years relevant work experience required.
- Three or more years of relevant managerial experience required. Experience working in a membership association is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of business organization and management along with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with association management, campaign management, CRM-media platforms, and other sophisticated technologies is required.
- Must be detail oriented, deadline driven, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must work well in a team environment and be able to interact with Bar members, volunteers, vendors, the public and Bar employees.
- Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is an exempt position. The D.C. Bar has an excellent benefits package.
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time based on the Bar’s needs.
The District of Columbia Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.