6 days left
- Experience Level
Action Ministries, Inc.
Classification: This position is classified as full time. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires occasional time beyond traditional business hours and weekend work.
Task - % of Time
Fundraising: raising funds, resource development - 60%
Programming: developing, implementing, evaluating - 20%
Human Resources: supporting staff, volunteers - 10%
Promotions: representing mission and brand -10%
Position Title: Regional Director
Program Locations Defined: Covington, GA office location, serving Piedmont Region (Newton, Rockdale, Henry, Butts, Jasper, Morgan, Walton, Baldwin)
Reports to: Vice President of Development
Position Mission:To support the resource development needs of AMI’s programming across the Northern Metro Atlanta region. This position reports to the Vice President of Development in order to provide leadership and awareness of Action Ministries programming North of Atlanta, developing and implementing organizational strategy, resource development, and communication with key stakeholders.
Evaluator:Vice President of Development
Action Ministries Mission: Action Ministries mobilizes communities to address the challenges of poverty by focusing on hunger relief, housing and education.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Identify and secure philanthropic support between $300,000-400,000 annually in the Piedmont Region, with a focus on Newton, Rockdale, Henry, Butts, Jasper, Morgan, Walton, and Baldwin Counties
- Raise funds to meet the financial and strategic needs of the organization
- Raise in-kind resources (food, household items, other goods) to support the strategic needs of the organization
- Develop a comprehensive plan to support the planned programmatic investment
- Ensure that all gift acceptance, solicitation, and stewardship policies are adhered to as set by the organization
- Liaise with program leadership to increase the scope of impact to include a regional presence
- Provide community development expertise to all stakeholders within the defined territory, aligning with AMI’s Strategic Plan
- Assist in the development and implementation of operational plans to guide the organization’s work over 1-3 year period
- Ensure a positive experience of AMI among a diverse client and volunteer base
Human Resource Development:
- Recruit, retain, and mobilize a diverse volunteer force which supports AMI programming
- Act as spokesperson for the organization in the local community and across the region
- Develop and coordinate media and outreach plans annually for regional contacts
- Put forth a strong, positive image for the organization in the communities across the region
- Create and maintain relationships with regional partners, opinion leaders, funders, donors, and community decision makers
·Other duties as assigned. Skills, Attributes, & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing, and/or related degree. Dual degrees in human service field a plus.
- Funds Development/ Business Development/ Sales & Marketing Experience
- 5+ years experience with non-profit organizations, including volunteer work
- 3-5 years experience in resource development for non-profit organizations
- 2+ years program management including volunteer management
- Demonstrated success in cultivating and developing sources of revenue for an organization
- Possess a high degree of skill in organizational leadership, administrative, writing, and verbal communications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc).
- Demonstrated leadership and coalition-building ability
- Ability to travel regularly within 4-6 county region and to be present at AMI headquarters 1-2 days per month
Action Ministries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.