Vision Clinic Specialist
- Experience Level
Job Description: Vision Clinic Specialist
General Summary of Duties:
Note: This is an entry level position. This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs of the organization evolve.
- Driving vehicle to remote clinics; set up and tear down of clinic equipment
- Process onsite clinic patient paperwork
- Prepare patients for exam, including administration of eye drops
- Assist patient with eye glass frame choices
- Measure patient for frame choice
- Determine if frame choice is appropriate
- Initiate and complete data entry following mobile clinic
- Maintain HIPAA compliance at all levels
Required Skills or Abilities:
- Ability to organize, direct , and prioritize work effectively
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative, judgement, discretion, and
decision making in order to achieve organizational objectives
- Ability to represent The Lighthouse in the community with professionalism and integrity
- Ability to interact with patients in a caring and compassionate manner
- Skill in computer proficiency, including MS office applications, word processing, data bases, etc.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Optician Technical experience required
- One year experience in related field a plus
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish a plus!!
- Clear driving record
- Ability to drive a small utility cargo van
- Travel required; 2-4 days per week within Georgia (variable-some overnight stays) advanced planning provided
Normal office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work. Minor physical labor at clinics in order to set up equipment. Maximum weight: 25 lbs.
Metro Atlanta area