Development & Donor Relations Specialist
- Experience Level
Position Title: Development & Donor Relations Specialist
Position Status: Full-Time
Supervised by: Finance Director and Director of Annual Giving
The Development & Donor Relations Specialist provides donation recordkeeping to the Foundation including overseeing the donor database, donation entry, and completion of acknowledgment letters, as well as providing administrative support to the Annual Giving Team.
This position ensures that the donor database is used effectively and provides revenue and analytical reports to the President and each Foundation department to inform progress and strategy. The Development & Donor Relations Specialist ensures accurate and timely data entry into the Raiser’s Edge database, and is responsible for managing gift processing, producing prompt acknowledgment letters, and providing routine database maintenance to ensure data integrity. This position troubleshoots database issues and suggests process improvements for data operations, gift processing, and reporting.
This position also assists the Annual Giving team with maintaining the Annual Giving calendar, formatting and sending mass emails, in-kind/auction tracking and coordination, supporting event committee meetings, and assisting in the management of event-day volunteers. This position also assists with other duties as assigned.
Alameda Health System Foundation (AHSF), a California 501 c(3) nonprofit, is seeking a highly motivated, passionate, and innovative Development & Donor Relations Specialist to join its growing team of fundraising professionals dedicated to Investing in Caring, Healing, Teaching, and Serving All. Supporting Alameda Health System (AHS), Alameda County’s patient and family-centered safety net health care system, the Foundation is committed to the value statement that health care is a right and not a privilege.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Enter all gifts into database and ensure donor and prospect data is properly recorded.
- Produce segmenting mailing and emailing lists for customized cultivation, solicitation and stewardship communications.
- Coordinate data integrity of Raiser’s Edge including: identifying and resolving data inconsistencies, conducting monthly reconciliation with Finance, doing routine maintenance, improving automation, and documenting processes and supporting/training staff in their use.
- Provide standard weekly, monthly and annual reports (gift alerts, financial historical analysis, data, pending benchmarks etc.) on Annual Fund, Capital Campaign, and other Foundation departments, ensuring that the team has a good assessment of revenue status.
- Suggest best practices and help develop policies/procedures.
- Manage hard copy and electronic donation files.
Donor Stewardship & Communications
- Produce timely, personalized acknowledgment letters for donors and document sending in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Maintain donor cultivation, stewardship and solicitation communications calendar.
- Generate reports to support scheduled stewardship engagements.
- Assist with in-house Stewardship Mailings.
- Track and coordinate Employee Giving Sign-Up pledges with finance and payroll.
- Format and prepare mass emails.
- Produce annual donor gift statements and periodic pledge reminders.
Special Events Support
- Coordinate and take minutes for event committee meetings.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and coordination day-of-event.
- Help research and reach out to new prospects for in-kind donations for events.
- Track, coordinate and package in-kind and auction for special events.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in administrative and/or data management roles, and/or a nonprofit environment.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database, and Excel.
- Experience with MailChimp and Wufoo, or comparable services highly desirable.
- Ability to analyze systems and create new strategies for improving and organizing work flow.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships and appreciate diverse viewpoints.
- Team player and self-starter with superior time management and organizational abilities to juggle changing priorities.
- Customer service-oriented with ability to manage multiple priorities and personalities.
- Passionate about philanthropy, especially in serving underserved communities and promoting health equity.
- Ability to work occasional evenings for meetings and the Annual Gala, which falls on a Saturday, is a must.
About the Organization
Alameda Health System Foundation (AHSF) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization established more than 25 years ago to philanthropically support the East Bay community’s safety-net public health and academic teaching hospitals. AHSF recently completed a successful capital campaign and is poised to begin another in 2019 to raise $30 million. A number of positions are currently open as its capacity is expanding. These may be viewed on the website at www.foundationahs.org.