Foundation Communications Manager
7 days left
- Experience Level
Position Title: Foundation Communications Manager
Position Status: Full-Time
Supervised by: President
The Foundation Communications Manager, a newly created position, is responsible for creating and implementing a data-driven communications strategy to elevate the Foundation’s brand, increase public awareness, expand community support, and raise additional funds for the Alameda Health System Foundation (AHSF). The Manager is responsible for brand development and execution, media relations, development of annual reports, fact sheets, brochures, the website, and other materials, and overseeing social media communications. Starting with a small pool of existing resources, the Foundation Communications Manager will have the opportunity to build more robust and responsive promotional tools that demonstrate AHSF’s invaluable benefit to the health of our community.
The ideal candidate has related experience in communications for a nonprofit organization and/or hospital and healthcare provider communications. She/he is a natural story teller, outstanding writer and a creative thinker who thrives on content creation and execution, attention to detail and meeting deadlines. She/he will create communications that persuade, engage, and inspire diverse audiences across a variety of communication channels.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute an integrated communication strategic plan that helps make the general case for support that AHSF is a worthy charity of choice and serves the funding needs of AHS and its safety net mission of Caring Healing, Teaching, Serving All. The plan will include brand strategy, key messages and talking points, and a suite of collateral materials (i.e. brochures, annual reports, informational program one-pagers, planned giving etc.).
- Collaborate with AHSF front-line fundraising managers (Annual Giving, Major Gifts and Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations) on marketing and communications needs to generate creative and persuasive content across communication channels for multiple audiences.
- Create and manage AHSF Editorial Calendar that covers all communications channels and activities.
- Partner with the Public Affairs & Community Engagement (PACE) team at AHS to coordinate routine external messaging and to collaborate on special projects such as patient story-telling, publicizing community and fundraising events, and use of social media, etc.
- Liaison with local news media and develop press releases to secure earned media coverage.
- Leverage community partnerships that generate news stories for the Foundation and create opportunities for brand awareness.
- Write and manage production of the annual report and newsletters.
- Maintain AHSF digital asset system, including photos, videos, articles, media coverage, and links.
- Monitor engagement with our content and share reports, insights, and recommendations to improve results.
- Develop and implement a digital media strategy and work plan to include social media, web, and email, that outlines measurable outcomes as part of the overall marketing and communications strategic plan.
- Manage and grow followers on our social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter).
- Lead the redesign of the AHSF website and meet with stakeholders to gain insight on what is needed for each department. Keep website content current with timely updates, new stories, and social media integration.
- Design or oversee the design of all general AHSF marketing and communication materials and those for specific purposes as requested and assigned.
- Manage relationships with graphic designers, printers, photographers and third-party communication companies including, as appropriate, branding and PR consultant services.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in communications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to write for diverse audiences
- Creativity, productivity, and an ability to effectively articulate the mission and community benefit of AHSF
- Proven success with growing followers on social media
- Team player and self-starter with a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to appreciate diverse viewpoints, and build relationships to gather stories and content
- Superior time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet established deadlines, and adjust to a rapidly changing landscape with the possibility of unanticipated projects and demands
- Experience with web content management systems (WordPress preferred), email marketing software (MailChimp preferred), social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter), Google Analytics, and Google Ads
- Knowledge of Adobe In Design and Photoshop
- Ability to analyze reports and run data metrics to create new solutions to challenges
- Passionate about philanthropy, especially in serving underserved communities and promoting health equity
- Ability to work occasional evenings and our Annual Gala which falls on a Saturday, Golf Classic, Associate Board fundraiser and other important events as needed.
About the Organization
Alameda Health System Foundation (AHSF) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization established more than 25 years ago to philanthropically support the East Bay community’s safety-net public health and academic teaching hospitals. AHSF recently completed a successful capital campaign and is poised to begin another in 2019 to raise $30 million. A number of positions are currently open as its capacity is expanding. These may be viewed on the website at www.foundationahs.org.