Lead Trainer / Health Educator
7 days left
- Experience Level
Health Initiatives for Youth - Lead Trainer / Health Educator Position/s
Health Initiatives for Youth is a multicultural organization whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of underserved young people. Our four principles are Anti-Oppression, Youth Develpment, Harm Reduction, and Positive Sexuality!
We're looking for an enthusiastic facilitator committed to social justice, youth empowerment, and science-based health education. Our team is majority POC, rooted in the Bay, and dedicated to meeting young people where they're at. Come join us!
- Facilitate health workshops for Bay Area youth & youth-serving adults
- Collect data from participants and provide periodic summary reports
- Develop and maintain relationships with agencies and schools where programs are implemented
- Design educational materials and prepare for workshops with colleagues
- Travel to schools, other non-profit organizations & training venues
- Workshop topics include: mental health, sexual health, LGBTQIQ Issues & how to work with queer and trans youth, queer empowerment, trans identities, harm reduction & substance use, anti-oppression, HIV prevention, STIs, safer sex, self-advocacy, peer education and leadership, body image and self-esteem, facilitation skills, etc.
- Design and distribute outreach materials for various events and recruit program participants
- Participate in relevant community collaborations and respond to requests for information from community members
- Participate in other HIFY projects
- Be available to start in January 2019
- Be an excellent communicator, verbally and in writing
- Be open to a flexible schedule that involves some early evening work
- Feel comfortable speaking with diverse groups of youth and adults about sensitive topics
- Be able to work in a small team environment with a high degree of independence and self-management
- Be a self-starter with excellent follow-through and organizational skills
Candidates would also benefit from…
- Familiarity with Bay Area communities and organizations, especially communities of color
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, close to graduating, or equivalent experience
- Work or volunteer experience in community organizations with high-risk youth in public settings: community organizations, schools, detention facilities, shelters, etc
- Personal experience in and around the populations we serve: at risk youth and the adults who serve them
- Background in sexual health: knowledge of anatomy, birth control, human sexuality, HIV and STI education and prevention, as well as sexual health education strategies
- Compensation & FTE
- There are multiple positions open at HIFY:
- Experienced candidates will be considered for a “Lead Trainer” position, which is $20/hr, 32 hours a week, including full benefits.
- Entry level candidates will be considered for our standard Health Educator positions, which pay $18/hour, 20 hours a week, with no benefits available.
LGBTQIQ & Minority Candidates encouraged to apply
Please include a brief cover letter along with your resume!
More searches like this
- Child Care / After school / Counselor Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in San Francisco
- Direct Service / Social Service Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in San Francisco
- Education / Teaching Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in San Francisco
- Health / Medical Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in San Francisco