2 days left
- Experience Level
Seeds of Awareness, Inc. (“Seeds”) is accepting applications for the Outreach Director position.
ABOUT SEEDS OF AWARENESS:
Seeds of Awareness mission is to transform schools and communities by cultivating empathy, connection and awareness. We value diversity and social equity in all aspects of our organization and we aim to increase access to social-emotional services by communities that have been systematically marginalized. Our vision is a future where emotional intelligence is the norm, where empathy and mindfulness are embedded in our education system, and where therapeutic support is accessible and commonplace.
Seeds is a dynamic, community-based, heart-centered organization on an exciting growth trajectory, sharing our transformative services throughout the bay area. Our team is innovative, creative, fun and spirited. We are a revolutionary community committed to social justice, emotional wellness, positive relationship, and community engagement.
We are empowering our future with mindfulness and empathy through our four distinct therapeutic programs: school based, holistic community counseling, nature based therapeutic groups/camps, community wellness and professional development.
For more information about Seeds, please visit our website at: www.seedsofawareness.org
The Outreach Director is a part-time (20-30 hours/week) position for a core member of the Seeds team whose primary role will be development, oversight, and implementation of strategic marketing plans for Seeds of Awareness, along with a consistent engagement with the communities we serve. We are seeking someone who is excited about supporting Seeds through this growth stage and wanting and willing to be part of an impassioned, creative and hardworking team committed to making positive change in the world.
This position requires attendance at Monday staff meetings in Petaluma and Oakland, and offers flexibility of hours and locations other days of the week. This position is listed at 30 hrs/week with flexibility.
The ideal candidate for this position has:
- A personal mindfulness practice and familiarity with mindful practices and techniques
- A background and experience in marketing / outreach, ideally with non profits
- Maintain relevant and consistent communication with the core staff team
- Appreciation of psychotherapy and emotional support systems
- Understanding of social and emotional learning methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to speak openly and warmly
- Ability to navigate and learn Google Apps / Campaign Monitor / Salesforce software
- Graphic Design familiarity (Adobe Ilustrator a plus)
- Genuine interest in and connections to diverse communities
- Strong sense of motivation, self-responsibility and passion for Seeds work
- Commitment to self-care and vision for personal and professional growth with Seeds
- Marketing & Outreach
- Graphic Design Support
- Support Event Planning and Coordination
- Management of support staff
- Market for four program areas of the organization respectively to clients and potential clients
- Increase brand awareness through various platforms including PR, social media, newsletter, and in person networking.
- Update and evolve Seeds’ communication and marketing strategies to support Seeds programs fiscal and programmatic goals
- Support Seeds outreach and recruitment by attending intern fairs and community outreach events and facilitate attendance by relevant members of the Seeds team
- Support preparation and organization of Seeds spring fundraising event
- Perform telephone / email / in person outreach to warm leads (schools, school districts, agencies, partner organizations and donors)
- Lead outreach to interns and volunteers to recruit counselors for Seeds programs
- Assist in outreach/building relationships with area organizations & agencies, resulting in new mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Gain competence to manage email marketing, newsletter and donor lists with Salesforce and Campaign Monitor
- Support role in the coordination of fundraising and member engagement events, including the Seeds of Awareness Annual Fundraiser and the Seeds bi-annual Symposium Conference and associated fundraising events
- Manage volunteers and support staff in implementation of marketing, outreach and recruitment strategies
- Collaborate with Seeds team via Google Apps and other avenues of communication
- Attend bi-weekly Monday staff meetings in Oakland/Petaluma
COMPENSATION: $25-$31/hour based on experience-- 20-30 hours/ week-- Salared w/ vacation time, no medical benefits
NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: Seeds of Awareness, Inc. does not discriminate in any program, activity, or in employment on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, race, ethnic background, veteran status, ancestry, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical information, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender or religion.
People of Color / LGBTQ Clinicians are strongly encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Part Time jobs in Oakland
- Event Planning Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Part Time jobs in Oakland
- Human Resources / Recruiting Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Part Time jobs in Oakland
- Marketing / Communications Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Part Time jobs in Oakland